• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A thought came to me over coffee this morning while I was looking at the mountains, watching the sunrise from my room here in SLC. I wonder if the person who paid for the Huntington Room at Snowbasin was IN the room when Phil stood up on the fireplace and thanked him/her?

In the event you (whoever you are) were not present, I'd like to extend my thanks both personally and on behalf of all the attendees of the event those two days for your contribution. It turned out to be an amazing bonus. It was a terrific start to the event and everybody loved it !

THANK YOU

UL
Concur!!!
It was a great way to meet and greet and build camaraderie within the community. Because we had that community room the first two days after that we all knew each other for the rest of the week. At the other resorts we've been much more scattered, but we could recognize and regroup because we had met at Snowbasin.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looking for anyone who is interested in skiing the easier stuff on the lower mountain at snowbird to orrow. I’m having difficultt with the altitude, so I plan to take it easy. I’ll be in a two tone blue north face jacket, blue pants, bright red helmet. Thanks.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A thought came to me over coffee this morning while I was looking at the mountains, watching the sunrise from my room here in SLC. I wonder if the person who paid for the Huntington Room at Snowbasin was IN the room when Phil stood up on the fireplace and thanked him/her?

In the event you (whoever you are) were not present, I'd like to extend my thanks both personally and on behalf of all the attendees of the event those two days for your contribution. It turned out to be an amazing bonus. It was a terrific start to the event and everybody loved it !

THANK YOU

UL

Yes, that person was in the room! And yes, I got so many words of gratitude that we had the room and how wonderful it was. It was so very nice to all be able to meet up 3 times or more per day, for sure!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking for anyone who is interested in skiing the easier stuff on the lower mountain at snowbird to orrow. I’m having difficultt with the altitude, so I plan to take it easy. I’ll be in a two tone blue north face jacket, blue pants, bright red helmet. Thanks.

I’m skiing with Shamora tomorrow morning and will start out at Gad 2, which has some mellow yet interesting blues. I think Weenie and Lucia and possibly a few others may join us. Meeting at the Tram deck at 9am.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m skiing with Shamora tomorrow morning and will start out at Gad 2, which has some mellow yet interesting blues. I think Weenie and Lucia and possibly a few others may join us. Meeting at the Tram deck at 9am.
Sounds good. Colors to look for?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We (@Andy Mink, @AKMINK, @Tricia and I) will be starting out/booting up at Creekside Day Lodge in the AM and the lunch plan is to meet at Mid Gad Lodge around 12. We look forward to seeing everyone and hope to make a few turns with the people we have yet to ski with.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

That's great. We're planning on skiing out of the Creekside today as well, trying to avoid the tram.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just looked at the map. I’m going start the day on the mid-gad lift to warm up. I’ll catch up with all of you maybe a bit later in the morning.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's great. We're planning on skiing out of the Creekside today as well, trying to avoid the tram.
That’s a thought. I had thought we would take the Creek Road cat track from the Snowbird Center to Gad Valley, but I’ll see if we can change the direction we’re herding the cats.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone looking for a pair of Stormrider 83’s? I’ve got a basically brand new pair in 174here at the GMD if anyone is interested. Check the ski swap section for more info.
(And New pair of 88’s in PA which I’m posting Saturday on here...jus giving a few folks chance at first dibs).

Wendy

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fun times at Alta tomorrow. DPS will be set up with a demo tent by the Wildcat lift. Please come by and get on some great skis along with testing out their Phantom Base Glide Treatment.

Well, thanks to the DPS demos, I need to sell some skis to buy some DPS Alchemists. :rolleyes:I loved them! I did have the Phantom glide on the one pair....they were fast....I particularly noticed it when I was flying across a traverse at a speed a bit above my comfort zone. :)Cool stuff.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I will be skiing alta tomorrow 3/10 by myself. Post here or send me a PM if you would like to share a few runs. I enjoy skiing greens, blues, or blacks.

BobMc

In line for the tram
Skier
I'll be in the tram plaza around 8:30 tomorrow, orange coat, black duct taped pants, grey helmet with Spy weed goggles. I'll probably have my usual two knuckleheads with me if anyone wants to spin some laps.

BTW, the plaza is the square in the middle of the central building, outside with all the tables. The tram deck is where you stand when you've passed through the turnstile waiting to load.

Last edited:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to figure out where to go today, since it is time to start driving.
I think there are groups at Snowbird, Solitude, and Alta.
@Pumba, @Jim Kenney I heard rumors you are at Alta today. Correct?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
going to alta . the ;ater start gives me a better chance to find peaple at the bottom

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am heading to Snowbird. Will be on tram deck around 9:30. Would love to hook up with some one. I ski everything that my skis stay on the snow. No cliff jumping for me but otherwise everything.

Give a call if you want to hook up. 412-491-4511. North Face reddish orange jacket and brown pants.

Rick G

Sponsor

Staff online