• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
After being dropped off at a truck stop outside of Ogden, I’ve finally made my way to my hotel room downtown!! Strange hotel...
Slightly unpacked, watching snl, and having a mini night cap from my flask.
I’ll probably be too late for the morning meetup. I’ll look out for those I know.

Me: neon yellow helmet, blue jacket, black pants, bamboo poles....

Hitchhiked?

Kbat117

Doing snow dances
Skier
Quick question. As a Snowbasin pass-holder (part of the Mountain Collective), I get 50% off lift passes at Snowbird/Alta, right? Or am I remembering wrong. And if so, is it 50%off window price or the online price?

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
For anyone wanting to extend the powder...I have some extra Whisper Ridge Cat skiing tickets. Thier price is usually $550 /day but I got mine for $300 which I'll pass on to Pugskiers. PM me if interested. I'll be at Powder Mt today so can meet up at Basin later in the day or in PC or the Cottonwoods later in the week.

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Quick question. As a Snowbasin pass-holder (part of the Mountain Collective), I get 50% off lift passes at Snowbird/Alta, right? Or am I remembering wrong. And if so, is it 50%off window price or the online price?

I think it's off window. My Squaw/Alpine pass gets me the same benefit; I'm trying to figure out whether that includes half days so I can ski the afternoon at half price of a half day (heh) when I arrive.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you have mountain collective or Snowbasin pass?
If you have mountain collective you should have days already included at Alta and Snowbird (7 days between the 3 resorts) then 50% off after those are used and am sure it would have to be ticket window at least the first visit.
If a Snowbasin season pass they had 2 options with the more expensive giving you 50% off at Alta and Snowbird

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Yes, if it’s a Snowbasin full (premium) you should pay half price for your age group at ticket window.
Probably now off online.

Example is l’m skiing Snowbasin for $54 using a Squaw valley pass. You should also be good for 50% at Aspen,JH,Squaw,(Telluride this year only) and other MCP resorts.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Ear-worm of the day (week?):

From Snowbrid down to to Brighton, I must have skied them all

Had a great first day at Brighton yesterday, but wouldn't call anything I do on the mountain wizardry.

Next line a one?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Fun times at Alta tomorrow. DPS will be set up with a demo tent by the Wildcat lift. Please come by and get on some great skis along with testing out their Phantom Base Glide Treatment. From 4-6 there will be a special event at the Peruvian Lodge in the basement with raffles from our sponsors. This is a must "come to" event if you are present. This is where the vote for the 2019 Gathering will happen. We will be discussing venues and possible change in dates. You must be present to have a suggestion and have a vote.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Note to eastcoasters.
Another Nor’easter arrives tomorrow,
How long do these things last? I'm not an east coaster but my daughter will be flying through Baltimore to get home to California on Friday.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Fun times at Alta tomorrow. DPS will be set up with a demo tent by the Wildcat lift. Please come by and get on some great skis along with testing out their Phantom Base Glide Treatment. From 4-6 there will be a special event at the Peruvian Lodge in the basement with raffles from our sponsors. This is a must "come to" event if you are present. This is where the vote for the 2019 Gathering will happen. We will be discussing venues and possible change in dates. You must be present to have a suggestion and have a vote.
We can't make it after all. I thought it was later. I have an event at the school at 5:30, and @Utahskier has a long work day ahead.
We're both bummed. If there is a group dinner going on tomorrow eve, let me know.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
How long do these things last? I'm not an east coaster but my daughter will be flying through Baltimore to get home to California on Friday.
Several days or so. You should be fine as it's cleared Baltimore. Hanging around Boston today- then a bit further north Friday and Saturday.
As always check with your airline.

TS
Uncle Louie

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
A thought came to me over coffee this morning while I was looking at the mountains, watching the sunrise from my room here in SLC. I wonder if the person who paid for the Huntington Room at Snowbasin was IN the room when Phil stood up on the fireplace and thanked him/her?

In the event you (whoever you are) were not present, I'd like to extend my thanks both personally and on behalf of all the attendees of the event those two days for your contribution. It turned out to be an amazing bonus. It was a terrific start to the event and everybody loved it !

THANK YOU

UL

Sponsor

Staff online