• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Inside open ski bags in basement storage room, except my & wife's 'A' skis are at Fischer Pro shop until November, when I'll pick them up ready to ski.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
the best ones live behind my den door, the door has hooks for the other gear. Will constantly remind me to wash them before next season

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I clean them, do any base & edge work they may need and wax just line it was mid-season. Then instead of scraping the wax I leave it on for the summer. Next fall I'll scrape and I'm ready to go.

Then I store them in their cleaned ski bags with the zipper open about 6" towards the top so I don't trap any moisture. Put them all in a corner of my ski closet with all my cleaned gear. Then my winter ski wall becomes my summer bike wall.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
In previous houses we had unfinished basements and I would just slide the skis up in the cross braces between the floor studs. It was a good way to put otherwise dead space to use. You could rig something similar in a storage room up at the ceiling. Mount basic ikea towel racks to the ceiling, spaced about 3 feet apart and slide the skis in base up. Or in a narrow room use pairs of wall mounted curtain rods or tension bars up close to the ceiling.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Teen kids' skis are waxed and in their bedroom closets. The wider skis which I haven't used in two seasons are crammed at the back of the master bedroom closet.

Main quiver is stashed behind a corner cabinet in the kitchen, also all waxed.
59295534_2638337092848479_9072454831762833408_n.jpg

Slide that cabinet out a couple inches and 6 pairs all good to go there.
59545418_2638337439515111_7289832005632524288_n.jpg

59566328_2638337462848442_5067932422822166528_n.jpg

The collectable retro skis (all skiable) are in the corner of the living room by the front door behind the coat tree but somewhat visible on display. Move the coat tree out of the way and BAM!
45433136_2355724091109782_1963657492953038848_n.jpg

Mrs crgildart also lets me keep my vintage skateboard collection on display in the living room and kitchen. WINNING!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Love those Splittails!

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
In previous houses we had unfinished basements and I would just slide the skis up in the cross braces between the floor studs. It was a good way to put otherwise dead space to use. You could rig something similar in a storage room up at the ceiling. Mount basic ikea towel racks to the ceiling, spaced about 3 feet apart and slide the skis in base up. Or in a narrow room use pairs of wall mounted curtain rods or tension bars up close to the ceiling.

That's basically what we had in the garage too. It was closet rods. Not enough space in the storage room here at the condo. At the cottage, I don't think I want anything hanging off the ceiling. But to could come to that. I'll keep that in mind.

Really liking that table/rack in the other thread. I've a welding shop and the boys love doing something different than door frames.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We usually put skis in ski bags and put them in climate controlled storage area. Now we have the condo so have 2 lockers that house all our skis. Going to try that this summer to see how that goes. It seems to stay nice and cool down there. I may throw some summer wax on them.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
We usually put skis in ski bags and put them in climate controlled storage area. Now we have the condo so have 2 lockers that house all our skis. Going to try that this summer to see how that goes. It seems to stay nice and cool down there. I may throw some summer wax on them.
If the humidity isn't controlled, you better be prepared for rust. In Arizona I'd worry about the temperature. In Vermont, it's humidity. Definitely make sure the metal edges have wax on them.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
If the humidity isn't controlled, you better be prepared for rust. In Arizona I'd worry about the temperature. In Vermont, it's humidity. Definitely make sure the metal edges have wax on them.

Vermont doesn't seem to have much by way of humidity like Connecticut. Many places here don't even have AC. That said I will put wax on the edges.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I need to set up something like the wall mounts using the bindings. Right now, the remainder of my ski collection (most went into the dumpster when we vacated our Michigan house after 40-odd years) is in a storage bin awaiting the closing next week on our new house:
169164412.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I need to set up something like the wall mounts using the bindings. Right now, the remainder of my ski collection (most went into the dumpster when we vacated our Michigan house after 40-odd years) is in a storage bin awaiting the closing next week on our new house:
169164412.jpg
So, thats where all the Kiwi Lime Pivots went. ;)

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Mount it lower and hang them by the bindings.
Will the skis go into the hanging spaces when placed at the bindings? I definitely did not like the look of hanging my early rise skis from their tips.

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Will the skis go into the hanging spaces when placed at the bindings? I definitely did not like the look of hanging my early rise skis from their tips.
That's why I don't like that type of system. We use it at the shop and I don't like the look of that type of ski in the dowels.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
If you can't widen the space then no. But I've seen people make a hanging system with wood and use round disks (or shape them like the toe of a boot) and hang them from 1 binding.