• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Off Season Plans - Spring/Summer/Fall of 2019

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a rather long honeydo list.
20190711_101440.jpg

3 walls up
20190711_071935.jpg

My helpers

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Uncle Louie and I had been planning (and started) to do lots of hiking this summer. Canoeing was in the mix too 'til I broke my ankle while hiking a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we should have done the canoeing--less risk for injury?

Now it's all about PT and learning to walk normally again so I can trade my stylish walking boot for my ski boot.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Uncle Louie and I had been planning (and started) to do lots of hiking this summer. Canoeing was in the mix too 'til I broke my ankle while hiking a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we should have done the canoeing--less risk for injury?

Now it's all about PT and learning to walk normally again so I can trade my stylish walking boot for my ski boot.
Oh no - Good luck in your recovery!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Just returned from a cruise through the Panama Canal, flew to LA boarded a ship and made a couple stopes in Mexico next to Costa Rica and to Panama, through the Canal on to Columbia and finishing in Ft. Lauderdale fly home a total of 15 days. Check that off the list and made my wife very happy on our first cruise.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just returned from a cruise through the Panama Canal, flew to LA boarded a ship and made a couple stopes in Mexico next to Costa Rica and to Panama, through the Canal on to Columbia and finishing in Ft. Lauderdale fly home a total of 15 days. Check that off the list and made my wife very happy on our first cruise.

Sounds like a nice trip. You know the phrase a happy wife.........

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just got back from four days chasing mule deer in central Nevada. Definitely good prep for skiing. I missed lifts.
20191006_110950.jpg
20191009_181051.jpg
20191005_165043.jpg
20191005_075726.jpg
20191007_171716.jpg

Last edited:

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you bring anything home for the freezer?
Unfortunately, no. Didn't see too much, missed my shot(s) on one. Followed him a bit more and he got shot out from under us. Then we were going to move to a different range in the area and my buddy knew a fellow in the local store who said "not much there either". Undeterred we continued onward...until I got the weather report. We were not ready for 9°. So we went home. I might get back out but probably not.

Sponsor