• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Odometer Brag

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
My last car had 325k on it.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Mileage gains on the Cruiser will be slowing down with the Sequoia in the stable. Which is a good thing given it may be warmed up now...

image.jpeg

Some duties will be fully retained.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
View attachment 11112 View attachment 11113 View attachment 11114
I have no problem with you leaning your skis against my car and no, it's not for sale.

I had to let this one go. You get some weird calls when selling a vehicle for $1,000. After talking with many Nigerians, single parents, new locals with east coast checks and workers willing to remodel my home in exchange for the car, I was able to sell it. I got above asking price. I missed the text offering $1,000 and then he began to negotiate with himself via texting me. He got himself up to 15 but I refused his offer and took less. It was the most confusing negotiating I've ever be apart of.

I tried to sell to the "single parents" but they were all scammers.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
It's been a very eventful stretch of road, I guess. This very morning the roof box opened there again, in those dastardly winds. When I finally pulled over, my MX83s were hanging halfway out. I don't think I lost anything, though. Bungee cords are now de rigueur.

Um, what kind of box do you have? I'd like to avoid owning that type. ;-)

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Um, what kind of box do you have? I'd like to avoid owning that type. ;-)

Operator error. I've had wind catch an open lid and mess up the hinges on both boxes I've had, and then if I'm not careful getting everything shut tightly, whoops.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
That pesky wind.

I have my box on my key chain because I have to have the box locked to take the key out. And it won't close and lock unless it is really shut tight.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
20160808_151347_Queen Of The West Road.jpg

I'll brag about my lack of mileage although it is enough for it to be 'old' I guess. I got this '02 in '02 and it is my only vehicle. I pretty much stay in Summit County with few trips. I hope this vehicle will be my final one. Another 25 years ought to get me to 300K.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I just turned 100 this afternoon. :)

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Seems like a lot with a 5/20/16 purchase date at 11 miles. Will post up a pic with another zero in 4-5 years.
IMG_0678.JPG

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I can beat that - I had 5000 at 9 weeks. :doh:

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
It has been over a year.

B986D290-6F66-437C-BDDD-19CB2D3A0BD8.jpeg

Of course, the Cruiser is now in position 3 out of 4 for least mileage.

Total for all four is over 1.1M now.

falcon_o

Getting on the lift
Skier
My 2012 Grand Cherokee is still in the break in period just turning 149,000 miles.

My 1998 Durango made it to 365,000 before being sold for $500 - still passing inspection only needing to drive with a trailer with which to put the rusted parts falling off with each bump.

I hope to make 400K with the Jeep which I had ziebarted and undercoated with no rust to date.

Side note - I have studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 SUV winter tires which will come off next week after 7 seasons with 62,000 still having legal tread. I will be replacing them with studded Hakkapeliitta 9's next winter. :thumb:

Reactions: nay

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I did my first quarter expenses for this year and we did 11,800 miles..for just skiing related travel.

Sponsor