• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Odometer Brag

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I remember the days when 100k was considered "high mileage" and you were living on borrowed time after that. Now 100k is where many things are first serviced and I, personally, consider it about the halfway mark in most vehicles reliably usable life.
Yes, it is not the high miles of many here but still a milestone. I don't go to the 2K mark for me 1.5 K is good and it gives the next owner a bit to play with. In the past I have donated vehicles to different charities and when they come to pick up the vehicle they are happy to be able to drive it on to the flat bed truck and not have to tow it back. They are also surprised that the AC and most other options still work.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yes, it is not the high miles of many here but still a milestone. I don't go to the 2K mark for me 1.5 K is good and it gives the next owner a bit to play with. In the past I have donated vehicles to different charities and when they come to pick up the vehicle they are happy to be able to drive it on to the flat bed truck and not have to tow it back. They are also surprised that the AC and most other options still work.
They're probably wondering why you're donating it and might be thinking about keeping it for themselves. :roflmao:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
They're probably wondering why you're donating it and might be thinking about keeping it for themselves. :roflmao:
That may not be far from the truth. The driver of the flatbed truck that picked up my mini van said he was going to show it to his sister. I never heard back about that.

Zrxman01

Out on the slopes
Skier
02D2B3FB-A858-465C-AFE3-CA9942C7E5AC.jpeg
My Audi A6 with a poetic / interesting odometer read.
I was done at this point.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Zombie thread? Hit this milestone this morning. 1999 Land Cruiser. Has at least that much more life left
LC325000.jpg
LC3251.jpg
LC3253.jpg

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My old Element. Current one has more. Got a lot of flack for this photo, first because people thought I was driving and taking the pic (and posting it), then because I said my the 18 year old son was driving and they were all "but 80 mph? Really? You let him do that?" But we were in TX, and that is the speed limit there.

15800523_10211703637569238_3209282511187490577_o.jpg

Sponsor