• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Odometer Brag

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
A vehicle with more than 100K is mandatory equipment for an aspiring ski bum.
I just turned this on Friday.

image.jpeg

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Run into me with your brand new Audi S7.
I dare you!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would be real impressed of it happened 2/2/22...too. ( I added that last "too") Actually it is pretty neat to catch that.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
528916_3517314292424_708717617_n.jpg

I hit this about 3.5 years ago. Just crossed 190K yesterday, should definitely hit 200K by the end of ski season.

seg, it looks like you may be operating that vehicle outside the state sanctioned limits.... AGAIN!!!:yahoo:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I did the 123456 thing too but I also set my trip odometer to come up 789.0 but completely forgot when I got close and missed it. LOL.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
My Chebby Malibubble just turned 100k last week, so it's officially old. The Dodgy Carryvan just passed 80k. Both have tires with about 8-10 k left before hitting the tread wear indicator but they're going to be iffy for passing CDOT rules before they get to that point. I'm going to have to time things better next time.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Does the state say anything about taking a picture of the odometer at that speed?
I don't think so? Maybe if I'd run into someone. But we can still use phones in the car. I was on a dry straight section of highway (I-70 right next to Georgetown Lake) so it wasn't too scary.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Taking photos at 75? Piece o' cake. My kids did a driver swap on I-80 at 75 with all the siblings on board. The driver got tired and asked her sister to take over, so she did. Mrs. Claystone and I were in the car ahead of them and I looked in the mirror in time to see the car take this big zig-zag and then settle back out into a straight line. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We were bringing the other car back after it puked a radiator in the middle of Utah and left the oldest daughter stranded. That one had about 150k miles on it at the time. (see, still on topic:D) It also ate a thermostat on the way home and then blew a head gasket a couple of days after getting back. I shoulda brought the daughter back and left the car there. It made about 3k after I fixed the gasket before blowing an oil pressure gauge fitting on the block. At that point we pitched it and bought a new car.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't think so? Maybe if I'd run into someone. But we can still use phones in the car. I was on a dry straight section of highway (I-70 right next to Georgetown Lake) so it wasn't too scary.

That section is far scarier when a roof box opens spewing Christmas gifts across the road.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That section is far scarier when a roof box opens spewing Christmas gifts across the road.

It's been a very eventful stretch of road, I guess. This very morning the roof box opened there again, in those dastardly winds. When I finally pulled over, my MX83s were hanging halfway out. I don't think I lost anything, though. Bungee cords are now de rigueur.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's been a very eventful stretch of road, I guess. This very morning the roof box opened there again, in those dastardly winds. When I finally pulled over, my MX83s were hanging halfway out. I don't think I lost anything, though. Bungee cords are now de rigueur.

Criminy! The loss of the MX83s would have been sad. The winds were insane in Boulder.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Criminy! The loss of the MX83s would have been sad. The winds were insane in Boulder.

There were a few places on the drive home that were bad today, including Georgetown Lake area. Down farther, I saw a Prius (I think) blow into the median, frame deep in snow. I wasn't totally sure what was happening, as I was fighting to keep my 6,000-lb vehicle heading straight.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh I get it. My drive to work was a battle this morning. It was during my commute that a gust of 102mph was reported just a few miles away. My vehicle was rockin' like there was something far more exciting going on inside.

Then we lost power for over an hour at work. Plus the network was down for another 90 minutes. I should have been skiing WiTS at Copper.

Sponsor

Staff online