• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Oakley Black Friday 2023: For Future Reference

jwn1

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thought I would summarize how Oakley Black Friday worked on Oakley.com in 2023 so that next year I can remember. :)

1. Not everything was 50% off but generally if it was on sale for 30% off before Black Friday, it will be 50% off for Black Friday.
  2. Join their MVP mailing list to get early access to Black Friday. This year early access started on Nov 16, 2023. I know it's annoying to join the mailing list but the goggles I bought were sold out by the time Black Friday came around.
  3. I was able to use a 10% coupon code on top of the Black Friday deal. I just used one that my browser suggested. I saved an additional $10. So the flight decks were $98 instead of $108.
  4. Free shipping was fairly quick. Label was created the same day. DHL got the package the next day. It did the whole DHL to USPS thing and got to my house in 5 days. It shipped from Georgia. Came in a box that did not fit my standard mailbox.
  5. After the Black Friday sale, I noticed my "sold out" goggles returned to the website at the previous 30% off. So they seem to be limiting the number of goggles sold at 50% off.
  6. Also 50% is available year round from ExpertVoice if you belong to an organization that provides discounts. I am a member of IMBA. I noticed the Oakley goggle selection was pretty thin before Black Friday. Now it is much better.
Sorry I probably should have posted this during early Black friday (esp the coupon code part) but didn't think of it.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online