• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

O crewneck fleece - why can't I find thee no more?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
No, not Zip-T, not Mock-T, not hoody. Just plain crewneck long sleeve fleece, 100weight or 200weight.

Even Roots, my old standby, have dropped them from their catalogue. :(:(:( I have one Head one left, and when that goes...
:(:(:(

James

Out There
Instructor
44422_478.fpx
What's wrong with capilene from Patagonia?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Has Capilene gotten stretchier? I have a crewneck from a few seasons ago and I truly hate it. It binds at my elbows in particular and drives me nuts.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I loved my Capilene, but they changed the fabrics and the nomenclature this year.
Sooner or later I'm gong to have to bite the bullet and try it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Speaking of this, why do they make base and mid layers with hoods? Where is that hood supposed to go when you aren't using it?

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Speaking of this, why do they make base and mid layers with hoods? Where is that hood supposed to go when you aren't using it?

I have a number of mid layers with hoods and don't have issue with them. They just sit on my back under my jacket.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

I've been thinking about slicing the hood(s) and spreading them out to lie flat along the yoke (yes, this is related to the needle felting question I had in the other thread as that would be a very simple and easy way to do it).

I find that when I wear thin, unlined nylon or urethane shells (e.g. my Showers Pass cycle one) that part of the shoulder gets contact cold, esp in pouring rain. So extra padding there could be a good thing. *starts eyeing the Climawarm and herself's sewing shears*