• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@dbostedo you were recently at Copper. Did you notice the line cutting?
I noticed the special lines, but don't know that I saw anyone using them. That's the rare case in skiing where I want them to attempt to maximize revenue by keeping it exclusive, the price really high, and the impact to everyone else really low.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I was at Copper on Presidents Day a few years ago (MC Pass) and it snowed from Sunday noon until Monday at noon.

While waiting for the 6 pack to open for the day there was a special line for early loading for people who I think were staying at a certain lodge.

There seemed to be hardly anyone taking advantage of the early loading and I had a great powder day by mostly avoiding the detachable chairs and just mostly riding fixed grip lifts with little or no lines.

Mister Tea

The skier formerly known as Walt
Skier
The reason that HSQs increase capacity is because usually they are replacing a fixed-grip double.

Right.

Uphill capacity has everything to do with how many seats (double, triple, quad, six-pack) and little to do with rope speed. Replace a fixed grip double with a fixed-grip quad and you'll have (almost) the same increase as replacing it with a HSQ.

I don't understand why this is such a hard concept.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think someone at Mountain High read this article... this coming Sunday's "Epic Ikon Day"! :roflmao:

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Squaw/Alpine sends me surveys pretty much every other time that I use my pass, and I would say a third of the questions focus on how much money I've spent in the village at Alterra-owned establishments. I don't know what the motivations of other ski areas are to be a part of multi-resort passes, but I've been convinced for years that at Squaw at least, it's to get people to the mountain to spend more money, with a side attraction of the slopes.
My friend working at Aspen also said that lift tickets are not the income generator for the resort, it’s the lodging, dining and retail.

Sponsor

Staff online