• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NYC Skier

mhirsc

Booting up
Skier
Long-time lurker, figured I should pipe up and introduce myself. 29, from NYC, getting back into skiing for the season after a 4-year break. Raced (very poorly) in high school, so I follow the WC pretty closely. Excited to be here!

TS
mhirsc

mhirsc

Booting up
Skier
Welcome! Although you sound too cheerful and polite to join the NYC contingent. Where are you skiing?
Trying to figure that out! Will probably do a couple days at Hunter or Windham and then I will probably head to Vermont over my spring break.
And the cheerfulness probably comes from the fact that I just had coffee—I promise that I'm a regular old NYC grouch!

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! Although you sound too cheerful and polite to join the NYC contingent. Where are you skiing?

Hey, as a former New Yawker I'm not happy with that comment.

Giggle.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome! I'm not from NYC, but did spend one year there during my post-doc. I was more polite and cheerful then, but so introverted no one could tell. :rolleyes: I'm more extroverted now, but probably less cheerful. Grumpy old(er) man problems I guess.:ogbiggrin:

If you come to Killington, there's a thread for that.

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Trying to figure that out! Will probably do a couple days at Hunter or Windham and then I will probably head to Vermont over my spring break.
While I've never been, I hear Hunter and Windham can get pretty crowded on weekends. Downfall of being close to NYC. But if you don't have a car, there are organized bus trips to both, which could be convenient (they used to be run out of Paragon Sports, but I don't know if that's true any longer).

Plenty of great options in Vermont, and per the post above, plenty of information around here.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Also former NY'er - have Family still upstate.

Just like in NY, not everyone here is a Grump.
Being cheerful and polite works too, and are WAY under rated
Welcome

Sponsor

Staff online