• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NYC ski shop for mounting

blikkem

Booting up
Skier
Hi everyone!
So I need new skis/bindings mounted. I was deciding between REI in Soho and Panda Sports in Brooklyn. Wondering if anyone has any experience with their work? Or would the shops at Windham or Hunter Mountains in the Catskills be better? I'm up there about once a week on the weekends so they are also a possibility.

Thanks

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Paragon Sports near Union Square in lower Manhattan is your best (and only) bet for just about anything ski related in NYC.

TS
blikkem

blikkem

Booting up
Skier
I go to Hunter and Windham on the weekends, so maybe I'll see what their price and timing is. -10 before windchill today!
I always felt Paragon was a bit like REI sell a lot of stuff, not great at anything in particular.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It’s only-2 at present. Stop at Jimmys at the base of Belleayre for a mount

Stay out of the wind by taking a few runs on the new gondola that is up and running this week.

A HUGE improvement to connect the upper and lower mtn.

hespeler

Putting on skis
Skier
Sounds like you're going to get 'em mounted at the hill (good idea). If you ever do need work done in the Metro NYC area, Sno Haus on Long Island is fine. I've had work done there, even some pretty extensive base repair and never had a problem.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Sounds like you're going to get 'em mounted at the hill (good idea). If you ever do need work done in the Metro NYC area, Sno Haus on Long Island is fine. I've had work done there, even some pretty extensive base repair and never had a problem.
Sno Haus is decent for a suburban shop but you're much better off going to a shop near a mountain. In my experience they will pretty much always grind way too much off your bases but I guess they have to do something to get people to buy new skis;)

James

Out There
Instructor
I wouldn't recommend any shop in the city. Better bet at the hill.
Yeah since Scandanavian disappeared from 57th st midtown it's been grim. Wonder what that store space is worth today. I will say I was impressed with Panda in Brooklyn but that was many, many years ago. And my expectations were below Paragon.
Paragon near Union Sq?? Are you good at craps? Pick a number, likely it won't come up. Stick to off the shelf stuff there. Like clothes.

The shop at the base of Windham is good.
Armonk, NY - Hickory and Tweed is a good shop. Been there like 50 yrs.

Sponsor

Staff online