• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So....Pics?
I guess without Mamie, no one was taking pictures.

Yup, no pics. You know us all so well.
We figured we already knew what we all look like so what's the point.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I can't make it tomorrow, but I'm always up for hanging out. Maybe we can get a group together to watch the Warren Miller movie at Symphony Space in late November:

https://www.symphonyspace.org/events/vp-volkswagen-presents-warren-millers-timeless

Other suggested activities:
• Grocery shopping with @KingGrump in Queens. Grump, I haven't forgotten your offer to take us around and show us what to buy in the markets with aisles of fish sauce to choose from - Three Crabs or Three Shrimps? You also still have to teach @Sandy_NYC and how to choose the right poullet....Maybe @James and @Tony S would like to make the journey down for this event.

• Tuning party?

• Potluck at my apt. Peter would be thrilled.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I can't make it tomorrow, but I'm always up for hanging out. Maybe we can get a group together to watch the Warren Miller movie at Symphony Space in late November:

https://www.symphonyspace.org/events/vp-volkswagen-presents-warren-millers-timeless

• Grocery shopping with @KingGrump in Queens. Grump, I haven't forgotten your offer to take us around and show us what to buy in the markets with aisles of fish sauce to choose from - Three Crabs or Three Shrimps? You also still have to teach @Sandy_NYC and how to choose the right poullet....Maybe @James and @Tony S would like to make the journey down for this event.

• Tuning party?

All that sounds good**. Anyone interested just post up something or PM me. I am usually available.

** Except the bit about your place. I don't do Brooklyn. That's like a foreign country. Have to find my passport first. :D

James

Out There
Instructor

• Tuning party?

I don't do Brooklyn. That's like a foreign country. Have to find my passport first.
Queens is more foreign...
Once you get into the car culture parts of both areas they’re both different countries. Sort of correlates with where the elevated trains are, except Smith/9thSt G train.

I’d be up for the food thing. Then we have to cook it though. We might have to skip the live chickens...

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

• Tuning party?

Hey, I’ve got time in the fall. I am sorry yesterday was a bust.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Queens is more foreign...
Once you get into the car culture parts of both areas they’re both different countries. Sort of correlates with where the elevated trains are, except Smith/9thSt G train.

I’d be up for the food thing. Then we have to cook it though. We might have to skip the live chickens...

Well, nothing beats foreign like Staten Island. It's like the eastern chapter of Area 51.
Done a lot of work there. Just confirms it.

We can do the cooking at my place. We are pretty well equipped for most thing. Just remember you have to eat what we cooked.

Hey, I’ve got time in the fall. I am sorry yesterday was a bust.

Since you are coming from afar. Why don't you post up a date and what you would like to do and see who shows up. I am usually available given some lead time.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well, nothing beats foreign like Staten Island.
No argument there.
Maybe ten years ago I visited a friend on SI. Went to a deli where he knew the owner. Somehow we got onto where he was from and the owner responded:
“Born on the Rock, Live on the Rock, Die on the Rock”

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
All that sounds good**. Anyone interested just post up something or PM me. I am usually available.

** Except the bit about your place. I don't do Brooklyn. That's like a foreign country. Have to find my passport first. :D

First of all I love Brooklyn but there are some pretty hilarious episodes of Will & Grace when Grace moves to Brooklyn and noone wants to go there. Then on Sex & the City when Miranda moved to Brooklyn it was the setup for some very funny storylines. Brooklyn is great. We used to go to this Psychobilly Luau "somewhere" in brooklyn that was an absolute blast. I also have seen some good shows at the Bandshell, can't remember what neighborhood this is.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

James

Out There
Instructor
First of all I love Brooklyn but there are some pretty hilarious episodes of Will & Grace when Grace moves to Brooklyn and noone wants to go there. Then on Sex & the City when Miranda moved to Brooklyn it was the setup for some very funny storylines. Brooklyn is great. We used to go to this Psychobilly Luau "somewhere" in brooklyn that was an absolute blast. I also have seen some good shows at the Bandshell, can't remember what neighborhood this is.
Most of that is before Brooklyn, became almost as expensive as Manhattan, Dumbo was for squatters, Junkies, and commercials. . But Patsy's/Grimaldi's was there, as was that barge with classical music. Exception was Brooklyn Heights (where the Clintons were looking post, 2000), which was always close.

I'd be more interested in the Grump food experience. The ski film? 3rd choice. I'd rather go Bowling. Wonder if the Port Authority Bus Terminal still has it's lanes. Didn't Bowlmoor move out of the Village?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online