• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This was brought up a few days ago in the main thread and at that point it should have been it's own and since no one started it, I figured I woud. Sure, some people have been cooking, and that is being discussed HERE. At Pugski's WW headquarters, we have been dealing with site issues and on the computer writing the ski reviews for next season. I mentioned in another thread that I do want to finally paint the garage this summer so to do so, I need to start organizing. Today I started by condensing the binding collection by disposing of a good amount of the display bindings mates. Not the good stuff but like the 757 mate or the Z3 mate. This allowed me to eliminate a good amount of the boxes and relable them jsut in case I have to look for a part. I put all the extra lifter together, extra brakes, ect.
IMG_1857.jpeg

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
WFH. Cleaning/Organizing. Pugski. Narcos. I've at least completed something (Veep).

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lots of projects! Here's one:

I'm finally getting around to making a quilt out of my DD's old baby burp cloth blankets..... she's almost 7. :roflmao:
20200327_125652.jpg

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been tackling deferred projects, but I keep adding two to the list for every one I complete, and I'm getting depressed. Even if this goes well into summer, I don't think I'll catch up. :rolleyes: :roflmao:

I also watched the Tiger King thing ... it's the first time in at least 10 years I've had any idea what is going on in popular culture, and now I know remember why I never watch TV (except for sports).

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Working from home, tuning and waxing skis for end of season, taking my life in my hands to go grocery shopping.

With no sports, my wife convinced me to watch "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" with her. Not bad so far, hope it doesn't take a downturn like "Westworld". Catching up on "The Expanse", love that show.

scott43

Skier
I'm work from home..and corralling the two renegades at the same time. Which is..challenging... My youngest one let Jesus and my whole team know, on camera, that dinosaurs go "ROOOWWWWRRR!!!" :roflmao: I'm legit in quarantine so I'm theoretically not allowed to go out of the house. However, we've been using the back yard. I'd like to start riding but the weather has been a bit under for now..in a week, after quarantine, I'll start that up. Tomorrow is day 5 in quarantine for us and so far so good..I'd expect to see symptoms by then so fingers crossed.

Tomorrow, our "day off", is haircuts on the patio, set up home office in the basement using my giant old television and HDMI cable, install new spark plugs in the Outback and prep the bikes for riding. I do believe we're in for months of off and on isolation and distancing. Pace yerselves...

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been tackling deferred projects, but I keep adding two to the list for every one I complete, and I'm getting depressed. Even if this goes well into summer, I don't think I'll catch up. :rolleyes: :roflmao:

I also watched the Tiger King thing ... it's the first time in at least 10 years I've had any idea what is going on in popular culture, and now I know remember why I never watch TV (except for sports).
Did you ever get that snake unstuck from your drain?

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Well lets see...
This morning at 6am woke and while still laying in in bed, used my smartphone to poke around at usual weather information that confirmed I would have had a very enjoyable time after driving 150 miles to a SnoPark I planned to bc ski (>15 inches of cold powder over 3 days) but due to shelter in place orders my conscience resisted the temptation.
Then typed out a couple of posts for here and elsewhere.

Got up and turned on a desktop and laptop am now typing on.
Over the last couple weeks have been studying off web sites brain consciousness and memory. Always have read lots of science and know a little about a lot of things and not a lot about anything haha. Actually wrote up a long comment on one brain research site on a novel explanation of why memories are never going to be found at locations in the brain but rather is the result of a dual ported concept of our brain body schema.
Other science enthusiasts out there, read some of this:

Then brought up Southwest Airlines and cancelled what would have been a flight to Denver next week to ski Mary Jane bumps 3 days with 2 old friends. Wahhhhh!
Then phoned a bro about doing a group day trip next week up near Oroville where 4 of us will hike as wildflowers peak. In the Central Valley forecast to reach into the 70F's by Tuesday.

Made a delicious can of Progresso split pea soup for lunch and am about to get ready for some fun outside "exercise hiking" urban streets while practicing social distancing and listening to classic rock earbuds. Live in a core urban residential area sandwiched between a couple shopping districts.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have to work, but have more free time since I'm not skiing. And I have PTO this weekend because I was going to go to WinterWonderGrass at Squaw Valley.
I started running more regularly since I can't ski (or swim) now. I went to three different stores for my parents in the past two days. I am also trying to organize my house (a losing battle, really). Doing lots of on-line reading of the New York Times, Sacramento Bee, and PugSki. Trying to stay off FaceBook :). Going on walks.
Trying to rest up for what's coming.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm work from home..and corralling the two renegades at the same time. Which is..challenging... My youngest one let Jesus and my whole team know, on camera, that dinosaurs go "ROOOWWWWRRR!!!" :roflmao: I'm legit in quarantine so I'm theoretically not allowed to go out of the house. However, we've been using the back yard. I'd like to start riding but the weather has been a bit under for now..in a week, after quarantine, I'll start that up. Tomorrow is day 5 in quarantine for us and so far so good..I'd expect to see symptoms by then so fingers crossed.

Tomorrow, our "day off", is haircuts on the patio, set up home office in the basement using my giant old television and HDMI cable, install new spark plugs in the Outback and prep the bikes for riding. I do believe we're in for months of off and on isolation and distancing. Pace yerselves...

When you give the haircuts make sure the bowl is level. :duck:

What did the team think of the ROOOOWWWWWRRRRR? I loved it.

My folks told us that what we did to them would come back to us 10 times over. My sister called once and asked, "I wasn’t that bad was I?" :roflmao:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Fortunately or unfortunately, my daily life hasn't changed much. I already work from home. Home projects are still long and will eventually get done, with more being added.

scott43

Skier
When you give the haircuts make sure the bowl is level. :duck:

What did the team think of the ROOOOWWWWWRRRRR? I loved it.

My folks told us that what we did to them would come back to us 10 times over. My sister called once and asked, "I wasn’t that bad was I?" :roflmao:
Haha! Well, I was a terrible child..and I'm trying to do better with them! :) They're peaches really though..love them to bits. The rowwwrrr was well-received..he's just so darn cute. How can you not like it!??! :)

As for the haircuts..my wife actually does a decent job...but my hair is easy..#3 on the sides and back, 1" off the top. 15 mins and done. And I don't really care that much anyway.... :roflmao:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I continue to work from home. Mostly remote control desktop stuff for clients, old and new. A few 'curb side' pickup and dropoffs of computers requiring services. The parts come by mail.

I've skied a lot of low angle, low risk, low use terrain as reported in 2019-2020 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer).

A roommate bought the extended versions of Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, so there was a fair amount of tv watching.

I made my own disinfectant which is 2% bleach solution and hand sanitizer: 3 parts 91% isopropyl alcohol and 1 part fresh squeezed Aloe Vera. The han san didn't turn into a gel as promised, but it is in a re-purposed soap dispenser. I'll fill a portable squeeze bottle for when I have to go out into the public.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Working. I'm at about 65hrs thus far. And the week still has 2.5 days in it.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I've been working from home. I try to set boundaries; i.e., work is 8 to 5ish and after that I'm "home".

I take a break mid-day to go for a two-mile power walk around my neighborhood. Lot of Netflix. Periodic cleaning / disinfecting.

I live alone in an apartment, so there's not much in terms of "home improvement" projects for me to do.

Sponsor

Staff online