• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northeast Thread

Stan Gordon

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Great 3 day weekend at Sugarbush. I wish I could have extended one more day. Paradise, OG, Ripcord, Spillsville open. Now joined by Domino, Birdland, Murphys Glades. As good or better than any week me in all of 2016 & the mt is not fully open until next weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 20

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Great 3 day weekend at Sugarbush. I wish I could have extended one more day. Paradise, OG, Ripcord, Spillsville open. Now joined by Domino, Birdland, Murphys Glades. As good or better than any week me in all of 2016 & the mt is not fully open until next weekend.

So you were skiing at Mad River Glen?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I don't know if my ability to judge conditions is completely mis-calibrated after last season, but I think that today at Stowe was better than ANY day last season. We still need more snow to get trails open top to bottom, but Mother Nature seems to be cooperating. Hopefully the temps will be dropping this week and snowmaking will get more productive. Apparently the poaching got a little out of hand this weekend, I hear that some passes were taken and also that some people ended up breaking themselves. If one were to have poached say Hayride today though, it would have been nice shin deep ski top to bottom with only one major waterbed to deal with. Woods are already coming into play too!

James

Out There
Instructor
I couldn't disagree more with this statement. I love sharing my activities with friends. Most of my friends are people who I met doing these activities. Solitude is lonely.
Eric
I've skied with Bill a bunch. Fun times. He does have specific requirements. Thou shall be on the lift when it opens, never go in a lodge that's not the one you always go in...

Besides, I like cows. Especially fresh raw milk from a nice Jersey cow. :thumb:
Jersey Girls in Chester, VT!
http://www.agrilicious.org/Jersey-Girls-Dairy-and-Farm-Store#

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently the poaching got a little out of hand this weekend,
It was bad enough that it was mentioned on the snow report page:

"Please Note-- While we are expanding our open terrain, there are many trails that are not ready to be opened for the season. Skiing or riding closed terrain is hazardous to both yourself and to Ski Patrol who may have to come rescue you. Please stay on open trails."

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
If one were to have poached say Hayride today though, it would have been nice shin deep ski top to bottom with only one major waterbed to deal with. Woods are already coming into play too!

Ha! @mdf and I poached Hayride last season. Hard to imagine, but there was at least one good day at some point. It wasn't shin-deep, but it was great creamy soft turns. I think it was the best run I had all season (in New England at least...). I think we found the same giant water bar.

Did they still have the guns cranking the whole way down?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
No guns on Hayride yesterday. I think they are working on Crossover and Gondolier right now.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Back in the day we'd be doing ESA Stowe this coming weekend.

Sponsor