• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm excited to be recognized by Nordica as a key influencer in women's ski gear, and have been chosen to be one of the women involved with the Nordica Proto Project Santa Ana 88. Follow along as I put these through the paces over the next year.

IMG_0018.JPG

Nordica has taken the shape that we love from the original Santa Ana and created a "mighty and nimble" fun size in the Santa Ana 88, with balsa wood core sandwiched between two sheets of metal. I guess you could say this sandwich promises to satisfy the appetite when I'm hungry for slope time.

The reveal: it was pretty cool to open a giant box to find not just skis but also a custom roller ski bag.

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

@AmyPJ, this could be the ski you're looking for.

#nordicaprotoproject
#nordicabelles

Post follow-ups:
First impressions after skiing

Official review:
Nordica Santa Ana 88
Dimensions: 119-88-107
Radius: 15m@165cm
Sizes: 151, 158, 165, 172
Size tested: 165
Design: All New

Recognized as a female influencer in the industry, I was granted the privilege of being one of the first women on the Santa Ana 88 when the Proto Project hit the slopes. After a trip to Smoothrides to refine the tune, I couldn’t get enough of this ski. With two sheets of metal and rocker-camber-rocker design, this ski absolutely crushes everything in its path and comes back asking for more. This is one of the few skis that feels like it breathes life back into ski legs. The thing that stands out most for me is that @AmyPJ and I ski very differently yet both love this ski. For more information, follow my Long-Term Review.

• Who is it for? Any woman who wants to crush it.
  • Who is it not for? When you have no desire to amp up your off-piste game.
  • Insider tip: I skied this in both the 165 and 172 and was happy on both.

Last edited:

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrats @Tricia ! A worthy honor and well deserved. Look forward to your thoughts on this ski and projections for its brother.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm excited to be recognized by Nordica as a key influencer in women's ski gear, and have been chosen to be one of the women involved with the Nordica Proto Project Santa Ana 88. Follow along as I put these through the paces over the next year.

Nordica has taken the shape that we love from the original Santa Ana and created a "mighty and nimble" fun size in the Santa Ana 88, with balsa wood core sandwiched between two sheets of metal. I guess you could say this sandwich promises to satisfy the appetite when I'm hungry for slope time.

The reveal: it was pretty cool to open a giant box to find not just skis but also a custom roller ski bag.

@AmyPJ, this could be the ski you're looking for.

#nordicaprotoproject
#nordicabelles
Dude, send me some!! Holy cow, as much as I love my Santa Ana 100s (got out on them again this weekend, it's been two years) I would dearly LOVE a narrower ski with the same shape! I really love an 88 for almost every day, including leftover powder and crud, groomers, you name it.

And congrats, because that is AWESOME!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
probably less than 5 weeks to mine with production top sheets. :P

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
why do they call its a proto when the top sheet and specs have already been picked out?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Dude, send me some!! Holy cow, as much as I love my Santa Ana 100s (got out on them again this weekend, it's been two years) I would dearly LOVE a narrower ski with the same shape! I really love an 88 for almost every day, including leftover powder and crud, groomers, you name it.

And congrats, because that is AWESOME!
I sincerely thought of you while I was fondling them.
Now, we will be in Utah this week. ;)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I sincerely thought of you while I was fondling them.
Now, we will be in Utah this week. ;)
Work, always getting in the way of my skiing! Definitely can't wait for your thoughts on them.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Conditions are prime here.
Conditions are prime in Tahoe as well.
I mean, 5 feet of snow in 48 hrs....
But Utah is waiting for us.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Those are some classy looking skis! I've been thinking abour a narrower ski and look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Congrats @Tricia for the recognition of your hard work.

Sponsor

Staff online