• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dropd9

Booting up
Skier
Picked up Navvie80's 179cm for sole purpose of slower skiing and better managing bumps. 50 yo 5'10" 195# maybe 20 days/yr skier who grew up on race/soft-race type skis. Invested in great fitting Atomic CS 130 (slightly softened) last season and demoed a lot of 85-100mm skis last March, but started off a new quiver with these. For $200- and perfect performance for what I purchased them for, I found myself very quickly overpowering the tips to an "OMG I'm gonna perish" situation at nowhere near ticket-pulling speed. Thankfully I slapped demo bindings on, sweet spotted to -2.5, but anymore than that the tips would start slapping and edge to edge deteriorated quickly. Tune is good, and I couldn't believe how much binding placement changed things.
My question is this...I have NOT demoed E100's as those are kind of on my radar, but because of the "tip/shovel comparison" between the Nav and Enforcers, and some of the recent threads re: "hookiness", will I be wasting my time looking towards Enforcers or is there simply no comparison??
Over the years I've always tended to have skis a bit more advanced than I felt I should be on, but loved them on groomers, learned to ski from the front of my boots/skis but never really had the stamina to progress in moguls with the full-on-metal sticks. The navigators are great for the bump progress, and I'm not really complaining about them, especially at the price.
BTW...I preferred the M5's and new Monster 88's (both 177), but didn't really love either the Brahmas or Rustler 9's (both at 180). REALLY would like to hear where the E93 and E100's would compare to those along with any comments regarding the shovels compared to Navigators. I indeed plan to demo again soon!! Thank you

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Navigator 80 is a $399 MAP ski, the Enforcer 100 is a $699 MAP ski and there is a significant reason for that price difference and it has much to do with constructional integrity. Both the 93 adn 100 will ski considerably stronger than the Navigator 80.

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been riding the Enforcer 100 for 2 years now on Phil's recommendation. I haven't noticed them to be hooky. Rather, they are a very comfortable and capable ski...at least with the 1/2 tune. Should be an easy ski to find at demo rental locations at a mountain near you.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
one thing is for certain, if you get an enforcer they are most likely will come railed an need a tune.

I own and love a pair of 177cm Monster 83, I used to loved my I am kinda of meh on the 180cm Brahma(og carbon), I own the E93 and E100 both in a 185cm., I also own some 187cm Bonafides I basically use on crud days only.

The 93 and 100 do not ski anything like my monsters. The monsters are far more damp, and have better edge hold, but not much better than the E93s. I mean realize that I am comparing a 83mm ski to 93mm ski but the even the Monster 98 have far better edge hold than the enforcers.

With that said the fact that the Enforcers are different than the monster is a good thing for their scope. The 93 is a great all mountain ski that when tuned right can truly ski 99 percent of days, and be a great ski on 80 percent of those days. The 100 has a softer tail, and with its wider width is great powder ski for most normalish snow, and its still remain fun on the groomers, cruds and bumps you can find on a powder day.

TS
D

dropd9

Booting up
Skier
As I looked more at the construction vs just the shape of the forebody, which are similar, it certainly makes sense theres not really much of a comparison between Nav and Enforcers. I appreciate your comments and certainly want to get on each the E93 and E100's very soon.!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Picked up Navvie80's 179cm for sole purpose of slower skiing and better managing bumps. 50 yo 5'10" 195# maybe 20 days/yr skier who grew up on race/soft-race type skis. Invested in great fitting Atomic CS 130 (slightly softened) last season and demoed a lot of 85-100mm skis last March, but started off a new quiver with these. For $200- and perfect performance for what I purchased them for, I found myself very quickly overpowering the tips to an "OMG I'm gonna perish" situation at nowhere near ticket-pulling speed. Thankfully I slapped demo bindings on, sweet spotted to -2.5, but anymore than that the tips would start slapping and edge to edge deteriorated quickly. Tune is good, and I couldn't believe how much binding placement changed things.
My question is this...I have NOT demoed E100's as those are kind of on my radar, but because of the "tip/shovel comparison" between the Nav and Enforcers, and some of the recent threads re: "hookiness", will I be wasting my time looking towards Enforcers or is there simply no comparison??
Over the years I've always tended to have skis a bit more advanced than I felt I should be on, but loved them on groomers, learned to ski from the front of my boots/skis but never really had the stamina to progress in moguls with the full-on-metal sticks. The navigators are great for the bump progress, and I'm not really complaining about them, especially at the price.
BTW...I preferred the M5's and new Monster 88's (both 177), but didn't really love either the Brahmas or Rustler 9's (both at 180). REALLY would like to hear where the E93 and E100's would compare to those along with any comments regarding the shovels compared to Navigators. I indeed plan to demo again soon!! Thank you

I have not skied the Navigator but have the Enforcer 93 in 185cm and I think you would love it. It is a really cool ski in that it works great in groomers, its damp enough but also fun off trail. It is not a light feeling ski but its not planky at all. Really good compromise. For bumps you might want the 177cm length. Great overall ski.

James

Out There
Instructor
one thing is for certain, if you get an enforcer they are most likely will come railed an need a tune.

I own and love a pair of 177cm Monster 83, I used to loved my I am kinda of meh on the 180cm Brahma(og carbon), I own the E93 and E100 both in a 185cm., I also own some 187cm Bonafides I basically use on crud days only.

The 93 and 100 do not ski anything like my monsters. The monsters are far more damp, and have better edge hold, but not much better than the E93s. I mean realize that I am comparing a 83mm ski to 93mm ski but the even the Monster 98 have far better edge hold than the enforcers.

With that said the fact that the Enforcers are different than the monster is a good thing for their scope. The 93 is a great all mountain ski that when tuned right can truly ski 99 percent of days, and be a great ski on 80 percent of those days. The 100 has a softer tail, and with its wider width is great powder ski for most normalish snow, and its still remain fun on the groomers, cruds and bumps you can find on a powder day.

Did you ever try the Enforcer 93 in the 193? I'm curious as I know someone who's considering it.

How's the 187 Bonafide change vs the 180?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I havent tried the 193 in a 93, I have tried the 100 in a 193 though.

The 187cm Bonafide compared to the 180cm Bonafide, basically takes an ok eastern ski if not to short in the 180cm Bonafide and makes its fairly useless for the east, but MUCH better out west. my 187cm Bones are basically a western ski for me, they are far to long for anything but open trails here, and some more open glades. The 185cm E100 by comparision is a ton easier to whip around and feels longer than the 180....

I always feel kinda of hemmed in in the east on my 187cm Bonafides, they would work but they would be far from my first choice for a 100 mm ski in the east.

James

Out There
Instructor
Kind of what I figured, thanks.
Have you skied the Rustler 9 in the 187? It's surprising the like for that ski among those who've skied it.
How was the E100 in 193? I remember demoing the E100 when it came out. First time I've wanted to try a 193 in a very long time as the 185 felt short.

What would be your sometimes East but more West ski choice among those?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Yeah I kinda of dont see the point even out west for the 193 E100.......the thing is the 185 feels kind of perfect with the -2 mount, the 193cm Enforcer really doesnt ski broken snow any better than the 187cm Bonafide.

No idea one the Rustler 9, honestly if I was getting one, Id get it in 180cm for my purposes. at 187cm not really going to do anything better than my E93.....at 180cm would be really good is tighter wood, and stable enough on the groomed to get there.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah I kinda of dont see the point even out west for the 193 E100...
If you were 6'3" and 230lb you might. ;) But for that skier, the upcoming Enforcer 104 would be that scaled 104% sized ski for that bigger skier.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Kind of what I figured, thanks.
Have you skied the Rustler 9 in the 187? It's surprising the like for that ski among those who've skied it.
How was the E100 in 193? I remember demoing the E100 when it came out. First time I've wanted to try a 193 in a very long time as the 185 felt short.

What would be your sometimes East but more West ski choice among those?

I didnt like the Rustler 9 in 188cm. It takes away some of the maneuverability of the ski and doesnt really add more stability. The Rustler 9 makes sense in 180cm or shorter. makes it a great tool for tree skiing. Think of the Rustler 9 as a narrower soft snow ski. Should be much better in powder than say a Monster 88.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
@Josh Matta How often do you really see the need for a 100mm wide ski here in the east. Particularly for someone that is primarily a weekend warrior. I don't have the ability to go ski every time there is fresh snow. For me I think a complement to my 77mm skis would be something in the upper 80s to lower 90s. I would think while not ideal for deep fresh snow they could handle most conditions.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
@Josh Matta How often do you really see the need for a 100mm wide ski here in the east. Particularly for someone that is primarily a weekend warrior. I don't have the ability to go ski every time there is fresh snow. For me I think a complement to my 77mm skis would be something in the upper 80s to lower 90s. I would think while not ideal for deep fresh snow they could handle most conditions.

well "need" is a strong word.

in my first 32 days of skiing this year i have used......with 110 inches @ stowe mountain resort

Enforcer 100 - 6-8 days
EL capos - 1 day
Bonafide - 1 day
E93 4-5 days
XDR 84 - 2 days
Ititan - 2 days
WRC GS skis - 1 day
PM gear Super bro - 1 day
Monster 83 - 14 days

I have no idea what days were on the weekend.....

The thing is you will never need a 100 mm ski, I dont need a 100 mm ski, but I would avoid certain days skiing in the woods with out them, and when I am on bigger skis I tend to jsut be seeking out lines that arent being done by others, I also ski in a place that gets over 300 inches of snow a year, so east is a pretty vague term, because it means everything from 50 inches of snow a year in the catskills, to 400 inches of snow a year at Jay, Cold hollow mountain BC, and Chic chocs.

Last edited: