• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica Helldorado Replacement

Jeffc7

Booting up
Skier
Looking to replace my Nordica Helldorado with something similar. I like the metal, I like the camber underfoot. Used primarily as a resort powder ski. I don’t prefer skis described as playful, I want something that will blast through the crud and can arc a turn. The only smear I do is cream cheese on a bagel. I usually use this ski with at least 18” new snow. The Nordica Freeride 115 seems like a natural choice, but don’t know much about it. Open to any suggestions.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
I like my Enforcer 115's more than the Helldorado, as the Enforcers feel more stable at speed and in crud for me, carve as well or better than the Helldorado on groomers, as well as offering superb float in powder. The Rustler 11 is another good ski I enjoy for resort powder skiing.

TS
Jeffc7

Jeffc7

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for the input, that’s good to know. Even though it’s a much different ski, I wasn’t sure about the enforcer line as I tried the E100 when it came out and was probably the only person that didn’t like it.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The only smear I do is cream cheese on a bagel.

Statement of the day!

I wasn’t sure about the enforcer line as I tried the E100 when it came out and was probably the only person that didn’t like it.

I was lukewarm when I bought E100s, then ended up loving them. Strongly directional skiers NEED to mount this ski 1.5 cm behind "the line". Huge difference for me.

I haven't skied it, but from your description of your preferences, you just might be the ideal candidate for a pair of Volkl Confessions.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I agree with both of these suggestions
I like my Enforcer 115's more than the Helldorado, as the Enforcers feel more stable at speed and in crud for me, carve as well or better than the Helldorado on groomers, as well as offering superb float in powder. The Rustler 11 is another good ski I enjoy for resort powder skiing.
The Enforcer 115 even though it doesn't have the raw power of the Heldo, the longer wheelbase makes up for it.
I haven't skied it, but from your description of your preferences, you just might be the ideal candidate for a pair of Volkl Confessions.
The Confession is another good option for sure, especially on the power end of the spectrum

TS
Jeffc7

Jeffc7

Booting up
Skier
Statement of the day!

I was lukewarm when I bought E100s, then ended up loving them. Strongly directional skiers NEED to mount this ski 1.5 cm behind "the line". Huge difference for me.

Good to know. Ironically, I loved the Rossi E100, but hated the E94 replacement. Spent one day on it and sold it. Picked up a Bonafide instead.

TS
Jeffc7

Jeffc7

Booting up
Skier
I agree with both of these suggestions

The Enforcer 115 even though it doesn't have the raw power of the Heldo, the longer wheelbase makes up for it.

The Confession is another good option for sure, especially on the power end of the spectrum

Thanks for the input!

oswaldr2

Getting on the lift
Skier
Have a 177 Helldo with an older Axial if you're interest in replacing it with the same ski ;-)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Looking to replace my Nordica Helldorado with something similar. I like the metal, I like the camber underfoot. Used primarily as a resort powder ski. I don’t prefer skis described as playful, I want something that will blast through the crud and can arc a turn. The only smear I do is cream cheese on a bagel. I usually use this ski with at least 18” new snow. The Nordica Freeride 115 seems like a natural choice, but don’t know much about it. Open to any suggestions.

Besides the Nordica 115 I can think of a few skis:

Blizzard Rustler 11 in 192cm

Black Crows Anima in 188 or 194. I thought the 188's were pretty darn burly enough.

ON3P Woodsman 116 in 192cm.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Jeffc7: I am curious, what length Bonafide do you have and what length Enforcer 100 did you try?

I have an old pair of 180 cm Bonafides, as well as a 185 cm Hell & Back that I loved, but when I got my Enforcer 100's, I went with the 193's.

TS
Jeffc7

Jeffc7

Booting up
Skier
Jeffc7: I am curious, what length Bonafide do you have and what length Enforcer 100 did you try?

I have an old pair of 180 cm Bonafides, as well as a 185 cm Hell & Back that I loved, but when I got my Enforcer 100's, I went with the 193's.

I bought the 187 bonafide to replace my Rossi E100 in a 190. I’m not sure the size of the Enforcer, it was full length, so ~193? I demoed it for 1/2 day the season it first came out (2017?). Not sure if any changes to current ski. At the time I was either skiing the Rossi E98 or the E100 as my everyday Mammoth ski.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January