• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Nordica Fire Arrow 84 EDT, 176

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If I'm 6 feet 170 lbs is 183 the "appropriate" height for me? How do height and weight interact with the ski? Is is that being taller than the op I can get my weight over the skis?

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a LOT of ski. The mortal version of this ski w/o the Carbon Fiber EVO plate was a blast, 8.8/10ths of this ski for 7/10th of the price. With that said, it is the top end of this ski that made it truly special. Tip rocker? Ha. Hardly. Marketing tip rocker only, this is a full length cambered ski. I am surpised that @ScotsSkier said he would need this in a 184, this 176 woudl be more than enough, the 184 would feel like a GS ski to him...not that he needs more of them, the 176 actually fits a hole between his SL's and GS's. I remember when these first came out, I was skiing with then Nordica Product Manager Willy Booker (who is a pretty proficient skier) and he was skiing the 168 an I didn't see it holding him back at all. This is a rare ski that really is not comparable to anything you can buy now and this pair here does come with a pedigree is tuned to perfection. A rare combination at this price.

ROFL! I said want the 184, not need Phil! But I am an outlier here. Having tried both, I personally preferred the 184, probably because I like a GS oriented ski. Not because the 176 does not perform, I just liked the feel of the 184 better. And therein is the rub for me. It is a great ski, but with so many GS skis in my quiver, 27m/30m/35m ogsmile ) it is just not really required for me for the bit of extra versatility it would add.

But,, before we hijack this thread further ogwink ..... this makes a terrific ski for someone who wants to get a lot of the feel and performance of a real GS ski while also having more mountain-wide versatility and a more user-friendly platform for those that dont spend time in gates. It is one of a select few skis out there that can deliver this combination, particularly apposite for those who like to have hard snow performance as a key element (and if we are realistic that is where the majority of time is spent, despite what we would all like too think!!)

This is an awesome ski and a great deal for someone, particularly given the quality of prep work that you will not normally see!!

TS
Muleski

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
@ScotSkier is a clear outlier here, in terms of the 184cm! I don't know a single person, other than him {and he and I are friends, and he can sure ski} who thinks the 184cm was a better ski! Regardless of size. HaHa!

Of course I admire the honest outlier. I am a huge fan of the 187cm Bonafide, and most people say "Really????" Huh? Too funny.

I agree with the other comments on here, particularly SS's. Heck of a ski, unusual ski design. Great ski. It was real hard to sell at $1300, as it serves a limited niche of the market. It was designed by the guy who designed Nordica and Blizz's GS skis, with a specific purpose in mind. It's a hard snow, or firm old snow ski, with a bit more versatility. 84mm beefy GS kind of ski.

The niche is based on the population who can actually ski it, and enjoy it. Put it this way, it's no "game improvement" ski.

Somebody will love it.

Last edited:

stuckinphilly

Putting on skis
Skier
Want...need? What does one have to do with anyother? :huh::huh:

I own a pair of head supershape speed that, while narrower would produce a lot of quiver overlap.

Was contemplating something in the 90ish range this year, with a more all mountain focus.

I’ve skied these and they are awesome but more groomer focused than I want.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
If I'm 6 feet 170 lbs is 183 the "appropriate" height for me? How do height and weight interact with the ski? Is is that being taller than the op I can get my weight over the skis?

In the FA 84 EDT, again as stated by people very familiar with these skis, NO, you do not need longer than a 176.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Bumping these up.

Great ski. Has to be a Pugger or two who wants them, and can ski them.

Son has determined how to ship at the lowest possible cost, if needed.

Good deal to be had if picked up!

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
OK.......Son has figured how to ship with a friendly local shop, using their corporate pricing, packaging, etc.

Also dropping the price, as they would like these sold.

SO:

$325. Picked up in the Truckee, CA area {or reasonably close}, soon.

$325. Picked up in Summit County, CO between Nov 10th and Nov. 22nd

$375. Shipped ANYWHERE in the Continental US.

At this price. somebody out there needs them. PM me with any questions, please.

Yes, there will be a Pugski Contribution.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
OK.....

For you Coloradans, or those visiting, the skis are now in Summit County, and will be there until they sell, or they go back to Truckee, CA on the 22nd.

$325 is the Summit County asking price!

I'm actually very surprised that somebody has not jumped on these. They are a great ski, and as described above, unusually well set up with very little use. Essentially skied in.

Somebody needs to buy them, and help feel a couple of ski coaches in the process. A few bucks to PugSki as well.

Thanks!

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I bought this ski a few years ago based on a review on Epic by Phil Pug that was spot on. A total carving machine with lots of pop that appears to have no speed limit. Just a great cruising ski for a good skier. I am expert 5' 9" a bit on the heavy side and ski it in a 184. Just love the ski. I have many skis in different widths for different conditions. This ski does what you tell it to do. If this sounds like you, be a buyer you will not regret it.

Sponsor

Staff online