• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Nordica Fire Arrow 84 EDT, 176

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
This is an exceptional pair of Fire Arrows. They are three seasons old, and have been skied 25 days or less. They show some signs of wear, as the top sheets of these skis tend to scratch, then essentially get no "worse" if that makes sense. They don't look brand new out of the wrapper, nor do they look heavily used.

These were set up by a "pro shop" that actually does work for a number of WC skiers, and these were done properly. Sidewalls pulled, top sheets shaped, bevels set at .7 and 3 degrees, based ground and structured, then multiple cycles of hotboxing with SBC-1, and later Holmenkol Beta. That services costs the athletes $130/pair. If you want to PM me, I can give you more details.

The skis have just had the one grind. Bases are in excellent condition, but they don't look like a fresh grind. However, no reason to need to think about a grind for a LONG time. Edge wear is minimal. they have been touched up with stones, or a SnowGlide.

Tha bases are loaded with wax, and always have been. Skis are always stored with either Alphamix or Beta.

The skis are 127-84-112.5., Radius is 18M. Typical price was $1300. They come with an excellent system binding made by Marker. One of the best system bindings out there, according to our @Philpug. DIN is 4-12, and it's a very solid interface.

If you're reading this, you're probably;y familiar with the ski, which is no longer made by Nordica. Tough to hit that price point. The ski is exceptional on firm snow, and skied out crud. Incredibly damp ride, and solid as they come, the ski will respond well to a skilled skier, and will arc rail to rail all day long. Snap, Power, Control. The ski has a great, almost cult following for good reason.

It's built like a top quality WC GS ski. Two layers of titanal {metal}, laminated wooden core. Top quality materials in terms of base and edge. It skis like a rock solid GS ski, wider and stable, and a shorter radius.

They are being sold because they are a touch too long for the owner {a female coach}. This is the best length, IMO, that the ski is built in. I have skied the 184cm, and was not impressed. This is the right size for most men. It's too much ski even for an incredibly skilled 135 lb woman skier. As a result it was skied about 15 days three seasons ago, and about five over each of the past two. We don't have anybody in the family for whom this makes sense. Too many skis.

The skis are in the Lake Tahoe area. Pickup can be arranged there, OR they can be picket up in Summit County, CO between November 10th and the 22nd. Otherwise, they can be shipped. Rather than guessing at a flat shipping cost, regardless of where you may be located, we can figure out an exact cost, and ship the right way.

$375, plus shipping if needed.

I'm listing for my son, and his GF, as they are "quite busy" at this time of year. I'll get answers to any questions.

Pictures below are not great. The skis are, though. I've sold a lot of skis here, and on Epic, and they all have arrived better than described.

Thanks!

IMG_3637.jpg IMG_3638.jpg IMG_3639.jpg IMG_3640.jpg IMG_3641.jpg IMG_3645.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is a big boy ski. Wowzers.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Wish my pockets weren't empty, I have wanted a pair of these for quite some time and I'm starting to regret selling my GSR's.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Bumping these up.
Great ski, exceptionally good pair. People love this ski for good reason.
PM me if interested and I can explain more.....let's say these were not picked off a ski shop wall, bindings adjusted and skied.

If either the owner or the ski were a different size they would never be for sale!

Thanks.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mt. Rose is opening tomorrow. Anyone interested in these can come demo them on the WROD. ;)

James

Out There
Instructor
This version has some tip rocker to it?

I had the 1st gen full camber version in a too short 168cm. I agree the 176 is the best length for most.
Such a great ski. I don't think I ever ran that ski full out. Just not enough length in 168 to turn you at speed. - Ha, that's what I told myself. Too scared.

After years I actually popped an edge and started delaminating the base. I gave it to one of the young instructors from Argentina. Figured he could use it on rails. Immediately I heard from 2 others- why didn't I give it to them? Guys, It's broken. Never made it to the rails. "Too good".

Really a cult ski for years now. Most have stories about them. You either love it or hate it.

Quick spool up to the turbo if you want. Ski has a very nice flex. It is not a stiff beast. - The carbon plate gives it the power. Rewards good technique. I guess the min weight is around 160-170lbs?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
No tip rocker..

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
The owner is a woman, 135 lbs. She is strong and an exceptional skier. It's not the right size for her. My son put her {his GF} on them and his sister on the same ski. She's similar size. She skied hers one day. Both felt the ski was more than they wanted. Not so much fun. These are both ex NorAm, NCAA racers.

I'm 205 lbs. and I could easily ski this. I have plenty of other skis that serve this general purpose. I have skied my brother's 176cm's and they are a great ride. They just arc rail to rail. And no thought of a speed limit at all. My brother is about 160 lbs, BTW.

If you're a guy, don't fall into the longer length trap on this ski. I ski the longest length in a number of skis. Probably most, other than the Head i.speed, which I love in a 180cm. Son got me some FA's in a 184cm, and they were, IME, horrific.

This is the length for the ski. Skis exceptionally well.

The ski DOES have a tiny amount of tip rocker. Tiny. Pretty much identical to the GS skis. You have a hard time seeing it, and you surely don't notice it skiing. I guess it helps with the turn initiation, allegedly. If you asked me to ski it blind, and asked if it had any rocker, I'd say no.

Don't want anybody confused if they hop on the Google machine and see "Tip Rocker!"

Thanks. Hope somebody would like them.

Last edited:

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Amazing ski for the right skier. I've skied botj the 184 and 176... The 176 is the correct length for pretty much anyone.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So, for a 145- 150 lb male, who isn’t a race coach? Too much ski? I mean my typical range is 174-177cm for an all mountain, 180-ish for a crud and powder ski. I was thinking somewhat shorter for a frontside carving ski, say 168-170.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
So, for a 145- 150 lb male, who isn’t a race coach? Too much ski? I mean my typical range is 174-177cm for an all mountain, 180-ish for a crud and powder ski. I was thinking somewhat shorter for a frontside carving ski, say 168-170.

A Head Rally or RTM 84 IMHO would be a better ski for you. ogsmile There are some good deals on Experience 84's out there as well, which while not full on tech carvers, are none the less an very nice frontside ski for our neck of the pines. That Level 9 deal on the Monster 83 or Power Instinct Ti would also serve you better. The FA 84 EDT is sort of a one trick pony. I love them, almost picked up a pair, but find a non-FIS cheater GS ski more versatile FWIW.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is a LOT of ski. The mortal version of this ski w/o the Carbon Fiber EVO plate was a blast, 8.8/10ths of this ski for 7/10th of the price. With that said, it is the top end of this ski that made it truly special. Tip rocker? Ha. Hardly. Marketing tip rocker only, this is a full length cambered ski. I am surpised that @ScotsSkier said he would need this in a 184, this 176 woudl be more than enough, the 184 would feel like a GS ski to him...not that he needs more of them, the 176 actually fits a hole between his SL's and GS's. I remember when these first came out, I was skiing with then Nordica Product Manager Willy Booker (who is a pretty proficient skier) and he was skiing the 168 an I didn't see it holding him back at all. This is a rare ski that really is not comparable to anything you can buy now and this pair here does come with a pedigree is tuned to perfection. A rare combination at this price.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
If I weren't on a different platform's program, I'd buy them. Man, I came so close so many times to owning this ski.

Sponsor

Staff online