• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica enforcer 100 - feel a bit hooky

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
just checked them with a straight edge and near the tails seems to be edge high but it seems to be in the rocker area --center seems to be a bit high in the middle tips seem ok -- guess im gonna try a tune - really want these to ski like people are talking them up
People(lots of them) talked up the bonafide and it sucked. Maybe the enforcer just isn't for you. No big deal if it's a tune but I wasted 5 days on bonafides over the course of 3 years trying to figure out what people liked :huh: . If it doesn't work out just move on.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Put a day and a half on a pair of Volkl RTM 84's I picked up for groomer zooming. Didn't like to release out of a turn, doing edging drills (falling leaf pivot slips et al) the tips wanted to keep turning up the hill no matter where I had my weight on the skis. They were skiable just not fun, kind of a one trick pony.

Took a straight edge to them this morning; sure enough the tails are railed. That is why I am "BadBob", should have done that before they ever saw the snow.

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
I just sold my Enforcer 100's. I came from a Rossi S3, and like others, bought into the hype. For me, the ski never did anything GREAT.

1- slow in bumps/glades compared to my S3 and Soul 7
2- charged through power more than float
3- incredibly fast compared to the other 2. I didn't find a top speed

For me, I spend 70% of the time skiing glades and bumps. At the end of the day, my legs KNEW I was on the Enforcer and not my S series. Required more work, and to be honest, not as fun. Saturday at Snow (conditions were pretty decent), I tried my friends Soul 7's and never went back to the Enforcer.

Like someone previous said, every ski is different for each skier. My friend liked the Enforcer, but also, didn't love it compared to some of the other skis we tried.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I just sold my Enforcer 100's. I came from a Rossi S3, and like others, bought into the hype. For me, the ski never did anything GREAT.

1- slow in bumps/glades compared to my S3 and Soul 7
2- charged through power more than float
3- incredibly fast compared to the other 2. I didn't find a top speed

For me, I spend 70% of the time skiing glades and bumps. At the end of the day, my legs KNEW I was on the Enforcer and not my S series. Required more work, and to be honest, not as fun. Saturday at Snow (conditions were pretty decent), I tried my friends Soul 7's and never went back to the Enforcer.

Like someone previous said, every ski is different for each skier. My friend liked the Enforcer, but also, didn't love it compared to some of the other skis we tried.

Agreed, totally different types of skis. The S3 is a softer, light, heavily rockered twin tip ski and the Enforcer is a tradition mounted ski with metal.

If you wanted a similar feel to the S3-Black Crows Camox or Atris, Armada ARV 96 or 106, Line Sir Francis Bacon, Line Sick Day 104, Blizzard Rustler 10 with the mount forward, Faction CT-2.0.
Any of these would be tons of fun, light and easy to ski like the S3 or Soul 7.

New Enforcer Free 104 has a slightly softer flex and twin tip profile but still more of a heavier “playful charger” type ski that you might not find as easy to ski as the others listed.

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
Some people ski the Enforcer and for others the Enforcer skis them I guess.
No, some people just like a different style of ski. You ever ski out east? Vermont? Totally different than AZ (no cactus)

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I ski in the east, at Stowe. All on the E100

47126126_10157671757148357_5444075239015186432_o.jpg

49864139_10157773903668357_4630485867671060480_o.jpg

29060230_10157008986838357_1824554766835245769_o.jpg

literally the tip are floating in 2+ feet of powder. I am mounted back because IMO the stock mount point makes it sink in powder.
28827623_10157008981123357_1944892217438318285_o.jpg

the thing is the Enforcer is a tipper and ripper and the Soul 7 is a pusher/slider. Anytime I get on pair of Soul 7s or the old s3 i feel like I can only slide and never really get a dynamic turn. There are time the 185cm can feel long in some woods especially if its tracked out, but then again a 100mm wide ski in tracked out woods is kind of pointless, if everything is tracked out I go grab, my E93 or Brahmas.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
People(lots of them) talked up the bonafide and it sucked. Maybe the enforcer just isn't for you. No big deal if it's a tune but I wasted 5 days on bonafides over the course of 3 years trying to figure out what people liked :huh: . If it doesn't work out just move on.

On harder snow the older Bonafide had a disconnected feel up front, it was off the snow quite a bit. That is why I got the Monsters. I demoed both back to back and the Monsters had better snow feel and tip engagement. The new Bonafide is much much better in that regard.

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
I ski in the east, at Stowe. All on the E100

47126126_10157671757148357_5444075239015186432_o.jpg

49864139_10157773903668357_4630485867671060480_o.jpg

29060230_10157008986838357_1824554766835245769_o.jpg

literally the tip are floating in 2+ feet of powder. I am mounted back because IMO the stock mount point makes it sink in powder.
28827623_10157008981123357_1944892217438318285_o.jpg

the thing is the Enforcer is a tipper and ripper and the Soul 7 is a pusher/slider. Anytime I get on pair of Soul 7s or the old s3 i feel like I can only slide and never really get a dynamic turn. There are time the 185cm can feel long in some woods especially if its tracked out, but then again a 100mm wide ski in tracked out woods is kind of pointless, if everything is tracked out I go grab, my E93 or Brahmas.

Those are great photos. Yea, I agree with your sediments - The Enforcer is a ripper - but I guess my style is more slide.....

Last edited by a moderator:

James

Out There
Instructor
I never got it either. To me it was a plank.

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
Ski shop is gunna hook me up with some Rustler 10's to try out this weekend. We shall see how things go...

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Ski shop is gunna hook me up with some Rustler 10's to try out this weekend. We shall see how things go...

Great! Don’t be afraid to move the mount forward a cm or two especially if you size up. Like the S3, you can move the mount forward for a more freestyle/playful feel on them. Good luck!

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't know what you guys are doing as you ski down the hill, but I find the Enforcer 100 magically amazing in every sense and in all conditions. I skied it 4 days at Whistler Blackcomb wall to wall and 4 days at Crystal Mountain recently. The damn thing rails like a GS ski on hard snow, is quick edge to edge. Skis Pow and chopped up snow effortlessly. I skied wind crust, pow over frozen Bumps soft and hard. So far nothing has been a challenge on this ski. And the doggone thing has no speed limit. My older boy, Longtime racer and Masters coach has the 193 (I am on a 185 & it skis like a 180) feels the same way. And when I say no speed limit......trust me when I say he puts it to the test even more then I do. I suppose if your sloughing down the hill, you can't glean the advantages of this ski. The shape , flex and torsional rigidity are superb. If you are a sliding tail rider...............You fill in the blanks! Maybe it's the Pivot 18's we have our mounted with:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And I hated the Bonafide also!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not sure I'm in quite as intense a love affair with it as @Atomicman, but I am sure this ski has the best combination of performance and ease of use that I've ever experienced.

It just effortlessly slays cut up pow and crud. And as an unapologetic resort skier, that's what I ski, once the "hour of powder" is over.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't know what you guys are doing as you ski down the hill, but I find the Enforcer 100 magically amazing in every sense and in all conditions. I skied it 4 days at Whistler Blackcomb wall to wall and 4 days at Crystal Mountain recently. The damn thing rails like a GS ski on hard snow, is quick edge to edge. Skis Pow and chopped up snow effortlessly. I skied wind crust, pow over frozen Bumps soft and hard. So far nothing has been a challenge on this ski. And the doggone thing has no speed limit. My older boy, Longtime racer and Masters coach has the 193 (I am on a 185 & it skis like a 180) feels the same way. And when I say no speed limit......trust me when I say he puts it to the test even more then I do. I suppose if your sloughing down the hill, you can't glean the advantages of this ski. The shape , flex and torsional rigidity are superb. If you are a sliding tail rider...............You fill in the blanks! Maybe it's the Pivot 18's we have our mounted with:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And I hated the Bonafide also!
Yeah...this ski hasn't been getting its due. Agree with all of that. I've never found myself on it where I wasn't enjoying the hell out of it. The tip on that ski is truly great. It's a powder ski for me but you know how that goes, eventually it ends up in everything. Even at 100, if you want it to be serious on hard pack it's happy doing that too.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
No, some people just like a different style of ski. You ever ski out east? Vermont? Totally different than AZ (no cactus)

have you tried the Rustler 9 or 10 in a 180cm length? I honestly think those should be what your should be looking for.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier

Saw the exchange on Teton today so you must have liked the Rustler 10! Will be even better if you put non demo bindings on it to lower weight and stack height.
Playful at the recommended mount for the 180cm version.

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
Found a great price on the Ruster 10 on Teton and bought them. I instantly knew I liked the ski right from the start today. I skied lots of ice, plenty of blown snow, smaller jumps on at the terrain park, and all with good results.

I never said the Enforcer 100 was a bad ski. The thing was a speed demon, no question about it. Much more stable/faster than the Rustler. It's just not my skiing style. If I primarily skied out west, things would be different with type of ski/size. I like tight trees, tight bumps, and skinny, New England old school style trails. The Rustler is built for quickness, has nice pop, and feels very lively. The Enforcer, for me, was more of a ski that wanted to do everything FAST. And that is wonderful, if that's you're style.

I did feel the tails on the Rustler were a bit more stern than the front. I was thinking of settings the bindings back VERY little. I wish I would have tested out different settings -it was freezing out with the wind.

And yes, the demo bindings suck; they will be happy to get some new Grifs on them.

Any recommendations on where to mount bindings on these things?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
if you have demo binding, why not play around with mount and see what you like best?

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
I already stated I really didn't think about it at the time. Skis have been returned.

Sponsor

Staff online