• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica enforcer 100 - feel a bit hooky

frank dahlmeyer

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi - Skied my 100s for the 2nd time today .I had first skied them a week ago in sticky snowmaker glop and didnt realy love the ski but thought it might have been the snow and me being out of shape.Today the snow was about 3inches of fresh on top of firm.On the groomed they felt good and fun but from what people were saying about this ski i wasnt blown away. In the cutup on the sides they felt a but maybe locked into a turn and i wasnt comfortable skiing right on the edges. Thinking it have felt this way i brought my bonafides and took some runs .In comparison i do feel the bones were easier to ski right on the sides with more of a predictable turn .I noticed a few guys have moved the binding back a bit - i tried to detune the tips and tails a bit but just slightly , a bit dissapointed in the ski and bummed for what i had read this ski was -any thoughts Frank

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Who did the tune? Has it been tuned? The nordicas are great but they tend to come railed and need a tune.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1. If catchy?, Gummi Stone again?
2. Take to shop to make sure base is flat.... have them reset base/side edge. (1/2 or 1/3)
3. Wax/Scrape/Brush..
4. Ski again....if that doesn’t work...and you still feel weird on them....

5. Sell them. They are well liked by many people, so you definitely will find a buyer.

TS
frank dahlmeyer

frank dahlmeyer

Skier
Havnt done a tune - or ever have on a new ski -seriousely ????????they need to be tuned from new????? and what do you mean by railed?

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^ Railed = edge high. Yes seriously, you need to check the factory tune. Some skis will be OK to ski out of the box, others not so much. Nothing necessarily to do with the manufacturer, any of them can come through with various base and edge oddities.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, believe it or not...sometimes, new skis do need to be checked if bases are flat....and then taken to a shop to set everything flat and set edges to your preferred angles. *(I check for flat...set my edges to 1/3....and then wax the heck out of them before I ski them)

Since they are new, you might not want to take to a shop (understandable)

1. Try the gummi first down the length of both edges on both skis, with a little more action on your tips/tails.... *(once, twice, thrice....)

2. Ski again....if you still aren’t happy...sell them...get some money back for Xmas.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you bought them from a brick and mortar shop, and it's near you or where you ski, take them back to the shop you bought them and tell them you're not happy with the way they ski. See if they'll tune them for you gratis.

TS
frank dahlmeyer

frank dahlmeyer

Skier
Who did the tune? Has it been tuned? The nordicas are great but they tend to come railed and need a tune.
^ Railed = edge high. Yes seriously, you need to check the factory tune. Some skis will be OK to ski out of the box, others not so much. Nothing necessarily to do with the manufacturer, any of them can come through with various base and edge oddities.
just checked them with a straight edge and near the tails seems to be edge high but it seems to be in the rocker area --center seems to be a bit high in the middle tips seem ok -- guess im gonna try a tune - really want these to ski like people are talking them up

Reactions: BC.
TS
frank dahlmeyer

frank dahlmeyer

Skier
Check tune - but for giggles....What size and how big are you.
im 6 feet 170 and they are 185s - also felt they were a bit lacking compared to the bones at high speed gs turns - like they were more locked into a small - medium turn compared to the bones ,maybe just feeling the 21 meter radius compared to the 18.5

Reactions: BC.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
The radius has to play into it. I had the 185s, was kind of “meh” and moved the mount back and liked them exponentially. I felt the tail kind of hung up. But lots liked them on the bump. There are couple threads but would start with the tune.

TS
frank dahlmeyer

frank dahlmeyer

Skier
The radius has to play into it. I had the 185s, was kind of “meh” and moved the mount back and liked them exponentially. I felt the tail kind of hung up. But lots liked them on the bump. There are couple threads but would start with the tune

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Do you have demo bindings on them?....If yes, move back a bit. If not, reset the tune.

If you don’t have demo or Schizos on them, IMHO, it’s probably easier to reset the tune, then to experiment with remounting your current bindings back from “recommended line”.

Sucks....but it is what it is...now you see why so many Pugs buy those Attack 13 Demos. They like to fiddle with mount till they feel “perfect”.

TS
frank dahlmeyer

frank dahlmeyer

Skier
Dropping them off for a tune in the AM - fingers crossed , thanks for the beta - ill keep you guys posted on the results -- shred the gnar

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
With what shop?

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
I hope the tune helps. I love the Enforcer 100 and 110, the 110 is now my larger ski in a 2-ski quiver along with an 88 waist ski. My favorite thing about the 100 and 110 is that even though they do extremely well in the off-piste and blast through crud and float on powder, they're still great carvers and are really fun on groomers (and I say this as someone who has spent more days on race skis than any other type of ski, though I'll admit I was a very mediocre racer). It's the versatility where they truly shine. You can find skis that are better on or off-piste, but in my limited experience I haven't skied anything that's quite been able to do both so well. When I go out West, the 110 is the only ski I bring now. It might sound silly, but I could still have fun carving packed powder on groomers all day with the 110.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hi - Skied my 100s for the 2nd time today .I had first skied them a week ago in sticky snowmaker glop and didnt realy love the ski but thought it might have been the snow and me being out of shape.Today the snow was about 3inches of fresh on top of firm.On the groomed they felt good and fun but from what people were saying about this ski i wasnt blown away. In the cutup on the sides they felt a but maybe locked into a turn and i wasnt comfortable skiing right on the edges. Thinking it have felt this way i brought my bonafides and took some runs .In comparison i do feel the bones were easier to ski right on the sides with more of a predictable turn .I noticed a few guys have moved the binding back a bit - i tried to detune the tips and tails a bit but just slightly , a bit dissapointed in the ski and bummed for what i had read this ski was -any thoughts Frank

They are probably railed. Get a nice tune.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid