• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica enforcer 100 - feel a bit hooky

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Found a great price on the Ruster 10 on Teton and bought them. I instantly knew I liked the ski right from the start today. I skied lots of ice, plenty of blown snow, smaller jumps on at the terrain park, and all with good results.

I never said the Enforcer 100 was a bad ski. The thing was a speed demon, no question about it. Much more stable/faster than the Rustler. It's just not my skiing style. If I primarily skied out west, things would be different with type of ski/size. I like tight trees, tight bumps, and skinny, New England old school style trails. The Rustler is built for quickness, has nice pop, and feels very lively. The Enforcer, for me, was more of a ski that wanted to do everything FAST. And that is wonderful, if that's you're style

And yes, the demo bindings suck; they will be happy to get some new Grifs on them.

Any recommendations on where to mount bindings on these things?

Always think if you like a ski with a demo binding on it, you’ll love it with a real binding on it.

Just switching the demo bindings out will gain you a lighter, more playful ski that will be able to naturally flex more due to the shorter toe/heel binding tracks. Tails are very forgiving on the 180cm Rustler 10 and it’s almost a symmetrical flex on that ski.

The factory rec line is where I’d stay on the 180cm Rustler 10. It has good balance in the air, pivotability in tight spots and playfulness at the factory line. Moving back doesn’t gain much stability on that ski and sacrifices other things.

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I didn't really take into account the rear demo binding mechanism.

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
GreK- you were correct. Just finished the day on the Rustlers with Griffins on them - and totally different in the back. I no longer feel like they are stiff back there. Very balanced, very light, yet do offer some power under foot. Great ski!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
GreK- you were correct. Just finished the day on the Rustlers with Griffins on them - and totally different in the back. I no longer feel like they are stiff back there. Very balanced, very light, yet do offer some power under foot. Great ski!

Oh great!!! Yes, the extra weight and longer mounting tracks of demo bindings never do any favors to the performance of a ski. Glad you’re liking them.

Last edited:

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
I had so much fun I even bought brand new boots today! lol... Technica Cochise 120. Super comfy!

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
As someone who has been interested in the Nordica Enforcers for a while and has a pair of Bonafides (1st generation with carbon tip) I read this thread with interest. I find it interesting the differences of opinions here. I do like my Bones. They are my western ski trip ski. Previous ski for that duty was the Experience 98, another divided opinion ski. A buddy bought the E98's at same time I did. I loved mine for what it could do. I pride myself in being able to adapt my skills to just about any ski and conditions. He hated his and sold it within a year. However he doesn't ski at my level. Doesn't know how to truly carve and skids his turns. He was better off on a more forgiving ski. I did find however that a tune was very important to that ski with the extended side cut. I understand how a tune can mess up a ski or make it better. Same with my Bonafides. Loved them my first season at Telluride with the factory tune. Next season after a tune at local shop, I took them to Alta. First day, they weren't feeling right. Edges weren't engaging as I remembered. Took to the shop at base. Sure enough they were the opposite of railed, they were base high. Felt great the next day!!

So what I am saying is, there is a wide variance of ability that contributes to whether you love or hate a ski. Too many people buy a ski for the skier they want to be instead of buying the ski that is right for them.

But I have been wrong before! :ogcool:

Rick G

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
As someone who has been interested in the Nordica Enforcers for a while and has a pair of Bonafides (1st generation with carbon tip) I read this thread with interest. I find it interesting the differences of opinions here. I do like my Bones. They are my western ski trip ski. Previous ski for that duty was the Experience 98, another divided opinion ski. A buddy bought the E98's at same time I did. I loved mine for what it could do. I pride myself in being able to adapt my skills to just about any ski and conditions. He hated his and sold it within a year. However he doesn't ski at my level. Doesn't know how to truly carve and skids his turns. He was better off on a more forgiving ski. I did find however that a tune was very important to that ski with the extended side cut. I understand how a tune can mess up a ski or make it better. Same with my Bonafides. Loved them my first season at Telluride with the factory tune. Next season after a tune at local shop, I took them to Alta. First day, they weren't feeling right. Edges weren't engaging as I remembered. Took to the shop at base. Sure enough they were the opposite of railed, they were base high. Felt great the next day!!

So what I am saying is, there is a wide variance of ability that contributes to whether you love or hate a ski. Too many people buy a ski for the skier they want to be instead of buying the ski that is right for them.

But I have been wrong before! :ogcool:

Rick G
I've seen a lot of hacks on Bonafides that say they love them.....so clearly it's not that the ski requires a "skilled" driver to be loved. It really is as simple as some people like some skis and others don't. It works that way with everything else in life so why not with skis. I use used to read reviews and then buy a ski and I learned to "love" it. I've been lucky enough to test skis for pugski over the last few years and have gotten on a lot of skis. I can learn to ski anything and get proficient at it but why would I want to when you can just demo a bunch of skis and find ones that match your tastes. That's a little harder to do if you only get a few days in every year and don't want to take the time but it is the right way to find a ski that fits your likes and skill set. Jmo...ymmv

Sponsor