• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica Dobermann GP 140

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
4mm TG LAB plastic fore/aft plastic base plates included in the box. Does it change the performance by opting to drill the 12 screws to install the boot bases, or not? Or is it just something to aide walking that is not GripWalk?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
4mm TG LAB plastic fore/aft plates included in the box. Does it change the performance by opting to drill the screws to the boot bases, or not? Or is it just something to side walking that is not GripWalk?
I have done this with numerous boots. I will usually use soles that do have some grip ie the ones that come with Pro or Speedmachines. As far as loss of performance, mayyyybe Nth degree. How many WC racers do a sole that has some give for walking? none. So there will be some loss but what you gain in walking around and life of the boot is considered a fair trade off for some. This would also be a great time to check lateral canting too.

Remember too, you will need to get the top of the lugs routed to get back to DIN specs.

TS
AlpedHuez

AlpedHuez

Skier
This would also be a great time to check lateral canting too.

Remember too, you will need to get the top of the lugs routed to get back to DIN specs.
OK, thanks, I will look into alternate Nordica soles. Your contributions above are totally new tech concepts for me. What should I be looking for in checking lateral canting?

And, as far as lug routing, I wouldn’t be doing any of the work myself - I would hand over to my shop guy. (Who isn’t a Nordica dealer (at least not Machine or GP) - didn’t get the boots locally).

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK, thanks, I will look into alternate Nordica soles. Your contributions above are totally new tech concepts for me. What should I be looking for in checking lateral canting?

And, as far as lug routing, I wouldn’t be doing any of the work myself - I would hand over to my shop guy. (Who isn’t a Nordica dealer (at least not Machine or GP) - didn’t get the boots locally).
As far as the lateral canting, if one turn is stronger than the other or if you are having trouble matching edge angles are signs that you might need canting. Then it is a matter of getting centered over the boot, the center of the knee, centered with the shell. This is near impossible to do accurately by yourself. I believe @cem is in your area in Europe, he can help you there. On the Tahoe side of your location, I would be happy to help you here. I have all of the soles and routing/canting tools.

TS
AlpedHuez

AlpedHuez

Skier
This is near impossible to do accurately by yourself. I believe @cem is in your area in Europe, he can help you there. On the Tahoe side of your location, I would be happy to help you here. I have all of the soles and routing/canting tools.

Thanks, Phil. I have already brought gear back from Europe for Tahoe, so I am pretty set there, but I know you are a go-to should my future needs require. For my Europe-only GP and DRS, I have Profeet and will explore other local and regional options like @cem if they can’t assist beyond fitting.

Sponsor

Staff online