• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

NESkier_26

Putting on skis
Skier
From a marketing perspective, I found the video ad for the HT Boots to be excellent and compelling. An older, successful man getting wistful about how he used to ski with his son -- and then going out and doing it. Clearly, they are targeting an older, affluent demo -- no hiding the Mercedes they are driving to the resort. And I like the linking of messages -- reestablishing meaningful connections in a fast-paced world, and finding simple, enduring, and enjoyable experiences. For people who remember wearing rear-entry boots.

Boots have been targeting more specific niches over the past several years. Looks like Nordica wants to be ahead of the curve in seeing how big the market is for old-school approaches with new design and technology.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
From a marketing perspective, I found the video ad for the HT Boots to be excellent and compelling. An older, successful man getting wistful about how he used to ski with his son -- and then going out and doing it. Clearly, they are targeting an older, affluent demo -- no hiding the Mercedes they are driving to the resort. And I like the linking of messages -- reestablishing meaningful connections in a fast-paced world, and finding simple, enduring, and enjoyable experiences. For people who remember wearing rear-entry boots.

Boots have been targeting more specific niches over the past several years. Looks like Nordica wants to be ahead of the curve in seeing how big the market is for old-school approaches with new design and technology.

I have gotten ~ 1/2 dozen skiers of this demographic into the Dalbello Lupo because of the near rear entry of the cuff. Most were not skiing as they hated their boots. No complaints from any since.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Philpug - having seen the industry data, I think you and I both agree that there's zero ambiguity as to why Nordica would want to build more hype on the women's side for an 88mm width ski.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I would buy a rear entry if

a. it was cantable/rampable
b. had a legit 150 flex
c. didnt let my foot move around.

I think you are as far from the target market of these boots as a human can get :roflmao:

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
@Philpug do you expect the 100 and 104 to both stay in the line? Having a 94, 100 and 104 seems like a lot of choices with little design difference...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug do you expect the 100 and 104 to both stay in the line? Having a 94, 100 and 104 seems like a lot of choices with little design difference...
Yes. All will be still in the line

Gnarvin

Putting on skis
Skier
I own the Nordica Enforcer 100 and really like them to the point that I have considered getting a backup pair as mine are starting to get pretty well worn (my fault, not the ski's). To help me decide whether to get a backup pair vs. wait for the new ones, I just have a couple questions. I love how damp the skis feel with the 2 sheets of metal, are the new ones still keeping the 2 sheets of metal and adding the carbon in addition, or will the metal be gone and just have carbon like the new Kastle 106HP? Also, I ski the 185cm and they feel just about right, is the rocker profile on the new 186cms going to be similar so that I can assume the 186's won't be too long? Thanks.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
I own the Nordica Enforcer 100 and really like them to the point that I have considered getting a backup pair as mine are starting to get pretty well worn (my fault, not the ski's). To help me decide whether to get a backup pair vs. wait for the new ones, I just have a couple questions. I love how damp the skis feel with the 2 sheets of metal, are the new ones still keeping the 2 sheets of metal and adding the carbon in addition, or will the metal be gone and just have carbon like the new Kastle 106HP? Also, I ski the 185cm and they feel just about right, is the rocker profile on the new 186cms going to be similar so that I can assume the 186's won't be too long? Thanks.

Two sheets of metal staying. From the Nordica site: "For a trusted ride that’s especially smooth and stable, it pairs an all new carbon chassis with a new core profile and two sheets of metal. "

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
A quick layman’s terms explanation of the changes. Same great skis you love with a few mods to keep them current.

The Carbon Chassis and True Tip changes coming to the Enforcer 94 and 100 skis were included in the Enforcer 88 and Enforcer 104 Free skis and definitely improve upon the greatness of the Enforcer line.

B40AA0E1-93CF-49CB-B1CF-5E83B0779575.png

The Carbon Chassis is simply an addition of carbon fiber stringers(black lines in above pic) that are now impregnated into the sheets of fiberglass that go around the wood core. Carbon fiber stringers add some vibration dampening and liveliness to the ski as well as stiffening the ski slightly if running the same weight of fiberglass weave. It also allows a manufacturer to use a lighter weave of fiberglass and keep the same stiffness if weight savings are desired in a ski. (Like the Kastle question above that would probably be adding even more Carbon to keep stiffness up while using lighter fibreglass weave and no metal)
Based on the 88 and 104 weights, they seem to be using maybe slightly lighter but very similar weights of fiberglass weave and adding the Carbon stringers.

So similar stiffness, more pop, slightly damper ski with a touch lower weight.

8B332192-2751-40CA-A437-C8A11B3D259C.png

The True Tip technology is simply the extending the lighter wood core further up the tip of the ski rather than using the heavier abs plastic for most of the tip which is common in most skis. Tip is also tapered thinto reduce weight further.

So the swing weight will be lighter making it feel like a shorter, lighter ski.

Not sure on the rocker/radius changes but I doubt they will stray TOO far from their winning formula there.
So both skis should be even easier to ski with a slightly lighter weight while improving performance. I wouldn’t be stock piling the old models, I’d be trying to sell them before the new one comes out! Lol

James

Out There
Instructor
:useless:
- Boots!
What’s up with Soloman? Everyone associated with their rear entry SX boots died, retired, or was exiled?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I believe different lengths, too. I'm kind of excited about that. I could see the 98s in my future.

Yep! I know 158, 165, and 172 are on the docket for the wider ones, and 151, 158, 165 for the 88 are for sure as well. Surprised at the number of brands dropping lengths over ~172, especially for freeride/powder skis. I think Nordica made the right call of toning down how gendered the ski lines were and sticking to the current sizing of the 110.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have several patrollers that would love to try the new boots. Heck I would even play with a pair on patrol nights.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:useless:
- Boots!
What’s up with Soloman? Everyone associated with their rear entry SX boots died, retired, or was exiled?
I have seen the 20/21 Salomon line, no SX.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@AmyPJ @laine - found the info for the Santa Ana line - 110 goes, 104 Free added, 100 gets replaced by a 98.

And as someone with a lot of opinions on graphics, I'm especially excited that they look less juvenile. From widest to narrowest:

View attachment 89441 View attachment 89440 View attachment 89442 View attachment 89443
Brown Santa should be here later today with the new 93 and 104 for Tricia (both 172cm) . They will immediately be mounted up and on snow Wednesday. Unfortuantely, discussion is embargoed until Outdoor Retailers at the end of the month.

Sponsor

Staff online