• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do we have any weights for the Enforcer 94?
No wait, they are available now. ;)

Actually, none have been published yet. I will say, they are not light, not overly heavy and ski well...at least the 100.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Do we have any weights for the Enforcer 94?

Saw 4030 grams for the 179cm pair, so just a bit lighter than the Enforcer 93 which was 4010 grams for the 177cm pair. The 185cm 93 were always in the 2150grams per ski range and think the 186cm 94 will be on the 2100gram range. So 1 or 2 oz difference and that’s it.

The 94 will be damper with the carbon but feel and swing around lighter with the new True Tips. My old 185cm Enforcer 93 which measured around 2160 grams felt heavier just carrying and swinging around than my 186cm Enforcer 104 which actually measured 2260 grams but had lighter swing weight because of the True Tip in the 104.

ATLSkier

Putting on skis
Skier
Just coming to this thread, and excited to see the new rear entry boot. My wife has a fused toe from an injury, and getting into conventional boots is a b*tch for her. These look like something that could be right up her alley because she is a good skier but does not need high performance boots for what she likes to do on the mountain.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
A quick layman’s terms explanation of the changes. Same great skis you love with a few mods to keep them current.

The Carbon Chassis and True Tip changes coming to the Enforcer 94 and 100 skis were included in the Enforcer 88 and Enforcer 104 Free skis and definitely improve upon the greatness of the Enforcer line.

View attachment 88063

The Carbon Chassis is simply an addition of carbon fiber stringers(black lines in above pic) that are now impregnated into the sheets of fiberglass that go around the wood core. Carbon fiber stringers add some vibration dampening and liveliness to the ski as well as stiffening the ski slightly if running the same weight of fiberglass weave. It also allows a manufacturer to use a lighter weave of fiberglass and keep the same stiffness if weight savings are desired in a ski. (Like the Kastle question above that would probably be adding even more Carbon to keep stiffness up while using lighter fibreglass weave and no metal)
Based on the 88 and 104 weights, they seem to be using maybe slightly lighter but very similar weights of fiberglass weave and adding the Carbon stringers.

So similar stiffness, more pop, slightly damper ski with a touch lower weight.

View attachment 88064

The True Tip technology is simply the extending the lighter wood core further up the tip of the ski rather than using the heavier abs plastic for most of the tip which is common in most skis. Tip is also tapered thinto reduce weight further.

So the swing weight will be lighter making it feel like a shorter, lighter ski.

Not sure on the rocker/radius changes but I doubt they will stray TOO far from their winning formula there.
So both skis should be even easier to ski with a slightly lighter weight while improving performance. I wouldn’t be stock piling the old models, I’d be trying to sell them before the new one comes out! Lol
very good simplified explanation of marketing brochure.
Without repeating what is most likely patented words this "technology" is nothing new it has been used by many small and big builders, myself included, for years. can't speak timeframe for others. I am employee similar method with numerous improvements for over 10 years

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Saw 4030 grams for the 179cm pair, so just a bit lighter than the Enforcer 93 which was 4010 grams for the 177cm pair. The 185cm 93 were always in the 2150grams per ski range and think the 186cm 94 will be on the 2100gram range. So 1 or 2 oz difference and that’s it.

The 4030 grams for the Enforcer 94 179cm was from a website that probably spouted preliminary factory weights but Blistergear just showed the actual measured weights on the new Enforcer 94 and 100 and their weights are both UP 125-150 grams per ski. The 186cm 94 averaged around 2275 grams(2150g for 185cm 93) and the new 186cm Enforcer 100 was around 2330 grams(2175-2200grams for the 185cm before).

Knew the Bonafide and Brahma were getting heavier this year but didn’t know the Enforcers were too! The new Enforcer 100 has a noticeably stiffer tail than before as well but it’s still slightly softer than the 88.

Gnarvin

Putting on skis
Skier
Has anyone seen a true in depth review of the new Enforcer 100? I saw the ski essentials review but it really didn’t say much. I saw the Blister quick write up but it didn’t say much other than they are a little heavier and the tails are a little stiffer. I would be very curious to hear what Philpug would have to say as he was a huge reason why I went with the Enforcer 100s 4 years ago. I also know he has said that he feels they feel a little dated compared to some of the new skis in the class so I would be interested to see if he feels the new 2021 Enforcer is back on top of the class.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Enforcer 94, ski true, short, or long? Buddy wants to purchase a pair.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Enforcer 94, ski true, short, or long? Buddy wants to purchase a pair.
Skis true. Where the old Enforcer skied short, this one is much better.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January