• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nice to see Nolan is back racing. His Nor-Am starts the past couple of days were his first races in almost 3 years. 34 months to be exact since Schaldming on 1/27/15. Had a decent day yesterday in 11th with the 9th fastest 2nd run.

Been a long road back and it really shows his determination. Not sure he will be back on a WC podium, but I sure hope so. Good luck to him !

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Great guy. Wish him the best. He's been through a lot, and the fact that he's skiing as well as he is, now, really speaks to his determination. Anything "more" is just a great bonus.

I agree, 100%. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:

Muleski

Inactive
Yeah, he's had knee surgeries. Reconstruction of ACL/MCL. Follow up knee stuff. Nolan has also had problems with his hip labrums {both I think}. He missed a year back around 2012 with a knee. Came back very strong. But as @K2 Rat's says he has been on the shelf for almost three years.

The plus of that was more class time at Dartmouth. That's a long time. He is a great "kid", and very easy to root for. I think a big goal for him might be to qualify for his third Olympic team.

One of the very good guys. Wish him all the best.

Muleski

Inactive
No start for Nolan today. Tweaked his back in training and the decision was to not make the comeback today.

Three tough ones coming up: Wengen, Kitz, and Schladming. Hope we see NK soon.

Guy has been through so much on the injury front. Great guy.

Last edited:

Muleski

Inactive
Nolan will be starting this weekend in the Wengen SL. Hope the back is better.
This could be a really nice comeback story. Great guy.
We'll see. Fingers crossed!
These next three SL's are "serious" events.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
These next three SL's are "serious" events.

As opposed to the comedy/musical/variety shows we've seen, thus far. ogwink

Agreed: the next three SL events - Wengen, Kitzbühel, and Schladming - are the "Triple Crown" of men's SL skiing on the World Cup.

And I wish Nolan well. Hopefully his back is up to the task and he can find the speed to make it a good showing.

Muleski

Inactive
No, it's not. Nor is Zagreb. In fact EVERY SL on the calendar is far from chopped liver. Well, maybe Levi, but you need to start somewhere.
But these three are a real gauntlet.

Kitz is the most unusual track on the circuit. Wild. And Schladming is like no other because of the crowd. Insanity.

I love them all, and having friends who are fighting for second runs....all of these hills are "demanding." Understatement!

Muleski

Inactive
Yep.......posted in the mis-labeled "Kitz SL" thread. Great day.

This is {almost unbelievably} the best US SL result of the season. Great to see from Nolan, first race back in three seasons, bib number in the 50's. Shows a TON of grit.

Very, very happy for him. I bet he punched his ticket to Korea with this!

Congrats Nolan!

Muleski

Inactive
Well,

Nolan has announced, via his Instragram account that he's retiring from the sport. Not shocked. He's been injured so much, has worked so hard to fight back from multiple surgeries. He made it to Korea. And I assume was told that he would not make the USST this coming season.
At least the time off enabled him to get his degree from Dartmouth. He's a very good guy. Wish him the best!