• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

No snow in the forecast: where to go for a quick early season trip?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Nov 15th, last I heard..... It's a 19 hr drive for you.
Thanks.
I am in Eden, Utah so probably about 6 hours.

I just looked at their website which also says they are opening on November 15, earliest opening ever with the Christie Peak express. That lift appears to have an early get off station. I would be interested to know if they are planning to open the lift to the top or just that little lower beginner section.?

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks.
I am in Eden, Utah so probably about 6 hours.

I just looked at their website which also says they are opening on November 15, earliest opening ever with the Christie Peak express. That lift appears to have an early get off station. I would be interested to know if they are planning to open the lift to the top or just that little lower beginner section.?

They said 1100 vert, 55 acres. I don't know if mid-unload is 1100 or less.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
They said 1100 vert, 55 acres. I don't know if mid-unload is 1100 or less.
Thanks
I gotta think that is the whole lift. Not sure if that would be worth traveling for and paying for lodging. I have been known to ski on a lot less.
934E99C2-A37F-44CA-93A8-4EFBAAF925BD.jpeg

I would imagine Copper keeps those race runs closed for training at least until the World Cup goes to Lake Louise.

Biking weather has been pretty good here lately although the options are getting limited. I may have to sit tight for another week and see if anything happens at Solitude or Brighton.
67B01AA1-EEE6-4320-AE5F-E2FC4A6B5ADA.jpeg

Attachments

• 6102165C-B1A6-49E1-AABD-50D37867D09C.jpeg
    6102165C-B1A6-49E1-AABD-50D37867D09C.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 2

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Just looked at Whistlers page..there is no joy on the left coast right now..no snow in sight..just rain. Nakiska has 31 runs open...Sunshine 17. Lake Louise has 15 but they got dumped on and are expecting to open more terrain this week. Go North!!
cam2wc.jpg

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
How's Blue looking? :duck:
Actually the lake effect machine fired up and they're snow-covered right now. I don't think they'll open..it'll warm up again before long..but right now it's an ice box up here. We had 5" last night in Toronto... Up in the snow belts they got 12-15" in spots.. Pretty early for us.. So those 15 second runs are going to have to wait.. :D

southern-comfort-full

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid