• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Should be a good one tonight! Caps have got to win one at home?

I've been a fan of the Flower since his early days. Would be cool if they pinned the "C" to his jersey for the finals. Hockey is a superstitious sport so likely they wouldn't change things up

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Caps brought the physical play tonight and it payed off!
image.jpeg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's Ovie time! Dang, if only the Caps could bottle that intensity and bring it every night. If they can get past the Lighting, I have to like their chances against Vegas. But the Lightning won't go down easy.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Flower got a 2nd life in Vegas. He was done in Pit.

Ovie can lose game 7, that would be fine with me.

Pretty amazing story about Vegas any other sport, it would be first page news everyday. Expansion team to finals.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The Caps have wandered the wilderness of playoff hockey and have at long last reached the promised land. They finally won something. I'm hoping it stops with the Wales Trophy. Sorry 'bout that @Jim Kenney. Let's go Fleury. Your guys haven't beat him when it really counts.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So not so much a 'who do you want to win' but more a 'how do you think the series will go' question.
Didn't Vegas have the edge during the regular season this year? How do they really match up???

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Vegas was 500/1 odds to even make the finals and here they are, not to many bookies would have taken that bet.

Something to said for Vegas strong after the concert shooting last summer but hard to take a first year team winning the cup.
Just hoping the series goes the distance.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Caps were my call from the end of the regular season so I'm sticking with it.

Vegas plays a fast game but not super physical. The caps have the advantage of physical forewords that can really beat down the opposing D.

Fleury has been standing on his head which IMO is really the reason the VGK have even made it this far. If the caps play their beat down style of hockey it's going to be a long series and I don't know if the flower can keep carrying the team if the D breaks down.

I've always been a fan of Brooks Orpik (bummed when he left the pens)
and these days he is playing smart, heads up hockey. His ability to control the puck, stay calm, and set up the break outs makes him one of the best 2 way D in the game currently.

It's going to be an awesome series but I call caps in 6

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Screw the Caps...deserve? Earn it if you can...

Here we go :yahoo:

Edit; WOW how much crap can they sling before starting the GAME! :doh:

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Well that was a crazy game! Can't believe Wash missed the puck to shoot on an open net for the tie.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Refs handed Vegas that game by letting that 4th goal stand and not putting the caps on the power play up 4-3. Then I'm not going to argue the dirty hit by Wilson either, but if you don't call a penalty immediately you can't consult the linesmen to see what they saw after the bench starts freaking out. That's not how it works! The league can fine him at that point buts if the arm dosent go up immediately play goes on.

Was a really good game otherwise.

Sponsor

Staff online