• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
No...we don't want THAT!!! Like to see it at least go 7.(and then win that one!) :wag:

Indeed! I think the Pens will win on home ice and force a game 7. I'm just saying that there are no ghosts of playoffs past haunting the Caps. Pens could have broken them in game 2 but came out lazy, could have broken them in the second period of the last game but Holtby was great. Pens certainly outplayed them, except on the scoreboard.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Caps - Pens: OT. Everyone in DC is scared to death to see this go to a game seven.:crash:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Kuzy lives in a McMansion about two blocks from my old non-mansion. I wonder if his neighbors will put on some sort of special victory yard displays?

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Caps played a hell of a game. No 3peat for the Pens. Caps finally got the monkey off
their back. I think they'll go to the finals.

I still wish them only bad luck going forward!
Now my only interest will be how long the Flower can ride this expansion wave...

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Augh, bad night last night. What happened to the Jets? Guess Subban called that one.

Go Knights!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I still wish them only bad luck going forward!
Now my only interest will be how long the Flower can ride this expansion wave...

OTOH games like this a rivalry makes. Last year I thought that Fleury was the Pens' franchise goalie. Murray never won 2 on his own. Wouldn't you love to have Cole back and never have seen Brassard in a Pens jersey? Letang has not been the same since returning from neck surgery. I hope he finds his form next season. I'm not making excuses, the Caps clamped down the Pens and took advantage of the D breakdowns. All in all, a well played rivalry series that ups my dislike of the Crapitals. Now I have a Western Division team to root for. Go Knights! I would love to see the Flower stonewall the Caps in the finals.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
OTOH games like this a rivalry makes. Last year I thought that Fleury was the Pens' franchise goalie. Murray never won 2 on his own. Wouldn't you love to have Cole back and never have seen Brassard in a Pens jersey? Letang has not been the same since returning from neck surgery. I hope he finds his form next season. I'm not making excuses, the Caps clamped down the Pens and took advantage of the D breakdowns. All in all, a well played rivalry series that ups my dislike of the Crapitals. Now I have a Western Division team to root for. Go Knights! I would love to see the Flower stonewall the Caps in the finals.
Letang played terrible this postseason. He's just not the same after all his injuries the past few years. His role has always been as a 2 way defenseman but as he gets older his ability to carry the puck up and then get back on D in time killed the pens defensively. Besides his goal last night (which was redirected) he has struggled to hit the net and whith his shot a miss bounces off the boards with such intensity that it breaks down the offensive setup while they have to go chase after it. As an assistant captain he should be leading the D, not the one struggling to keep his side of the zone or his man. He alone cost us game 5!! I said going into the playoffs this year that the D was our weak link and it would be our downfall. But I said the same thing last year and we squeaked ou a cup.

At this point I'll pull for the caps. Ovi does deserve a chance at the cup especially after clearing the hurdle that's always been the pens. Plus they were my prediction from the regular season to go all the way this year which I hated to admit since I knew they would meet Pittsburgh in the second round.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
two year old interview with Kuzy, kind of interesting hearing about life in the part of russia near kazahkstan:

i think he might be good for ovi, brings some comradeship and inspiration to the old guy. plus he's very fast on the ice.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Letang played terrible this postseason. He's just not the same after all his injuries the past few years. His role has always been as a 2 way defenseman but as he gets older his ability to carry the puck up and then get back on D in time killed the pens defensively. Besides his goal last night (which was redirected) he has struggled to hit the net and whith his shot a miss bounces off the boards with such intensity that it breaks down the offensive setup while they have to go chase after it. As an assistant captain he should be leading the D, not the one struggling to keep his side of the zone or his man. He alone cost us game 5!! I said going into the playoffs this year that the D was our weak link and it would be our downfall. But I said the same thing last year and we squeaked ou a cup.

At this point I'll pull for the caps. Ovi does deserve a chance at the cup especially after clearing the hurdle that's always been the pens. Plus they were my prediction from the regular season to go all the way this year which I hated to admit since I knew they would meet Pittsburgh in the second round.

I agree with everything you said except the part about Ovie deserving a chance. Ovie must earn the chance to play for the Cup. As good as he has been, he has not earned the chance. Caps have to beat Tampa then they will have earned a chance to win the Cup.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
So much for Winterpeg.....

RBC Cup has our local Wellington Dukes....you know it's really good hockey at Jr A level. Sad to say I haven't watch, looked, at this level locally till now!

What's really bad is my Personal trainer's son is playing for Wellington and I didn't know it. The other son plays for the Peterborough Petes...Dad played hockey for Syracuse.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
My pick in the east (not that I like them one bit) is on the verge of elimination. My pick in the west gets some time off to heal as they await the outcome. Not a real fan of the Knights but I will be rooting for Marc Andre Fleury to avenge the Pens and put a stake to the evil heart of the Washington Capitols and the Russian menace. Is Ovie destined to be the Dan Mario of the NHL? Tune in Wednesday night. It will sure to be the best reality show on TV.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
My pick in the east (not that I like them one bit) is on the verge of elimination. My pick in the west gets some time off to heal as they await the outcome. Not a real fan of the Knights but I will be rooting for Marc Andre Fleury to avenge the Pens and put a stake to the evil heart of the Washington Capitols and the Russian menace. Is Ovie destined to be the Dan Mario of the NHL? Tune in Wednesday night. It will sure to be the best reality show on TV.

Hopefully the Caps go bye-bye tonight :D

And while I despise the city of Lost Wages, I am a big fan of the Flower and wish him well de la Coupe Stanley :beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online