• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's all considered "pre season" by me until after the college football season ends. I start paying attention to NHL around January. Now, I'll go to a game or two if I have easy access to cheap tickets, but beyond that not really following anything there until after the holidays..

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's only pre season. . you don't want to show your hand too early!

GO LEAFS

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, NHL pre-season, meh. Real season, I"m in.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
I'll watch hockey no matter if it's pre-season or regular. I just love the game and I enjoy watching the best in the world. I also love the Avalanche which has become very difficult these days.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
I'll get serious when the real season starts, already have my tickets for the Coyotes vs. Red Wings game Oct. 12th.

Go Wings!!!

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I think the season is just too long. I'd like to see the season open November 1st and finish the end of March. April is Playoffs.
It's almost impossible to have your team survive without key player injuries. Then it's just survival. I think a shorter season would be more focused and be higher quality game to game.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Hey, it's all about the $$!!

Well hockey is the red headed step child of professional sports (and I'm actually kind of glad that is the case!). I realize they depend mostly on their 'gate' for revenue and not the huge TV contracts other sports realize. But I don't care, I want a shorter season with better play.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Ottawa and the Leafs tied at 2. Kinda fun to see it on TV again. Belleville Sens could be interesting come November.

@Bill Talbot - I do really agree with you. Hockey in June is just too long. I can remember my Dad taking the "portable" (all 25lb of it) and the cable cord through the window, to watch some final on the patio. It was too nice to sit inside.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Tomorrow starts things off! who's ready for some hockey?!

In other news...Jagr down for one more with Flames

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Leafs tomorrow in the 'Peg.. Laine vs Matthews. Leaf's D continues to be of some concern. Curious if we'll have a sophomore slump.. Should be a good year. It's possible a Canadian team may be in contention this year.

Jagr's a horse..he's come a long way..

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
have to get tickets for last game against the Flames.
Saw Gordie Howe on his last trip to town with the Whalers.
Jagr could beat his record for games this year and its very unlikely to see anyone else pass either

length of season ?
Unless it's international hockey I find it hard to get too interested until the season starts to get serious in February.
This year the Canuck's will be thinking about golf by then.

has the parade been booked in Toronto, again ?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Thinking about trying to get opening game tickets for our new team....Belleville Senators..November 1 I think they said.

Finally something on TV besides American football...

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
have to get tickets for last game against the Flames.
Saw Gordie Howe on his last trip to town with the Whalers.
Jagr could beat his record for games this year and its very unlikely to see anyone else pass either

length of season ?
Unless it's international hockey I find it hard to get too interested until the season starts to get serious in February.
This year the Canuck's will be thinking about golf by then.

has the parade been booked in Toronto, again ?
Canucks are going to be brutal I think. Sedin's didn't look good in preseason, not that I watched much of them, just a couple of periods.

There is a bit of a fervour in Toronto that's for sure. A lot of optimism. I've seen odds give Leafs a #4 position in the Stanley Cup odds. I'm thinking that's a little overoptimistic given their d-corps. However, they do have skill up front and can at least score. They got away with almost ZERO injuries last year so I don't know that they'll have such a good run and finishing position this year, and they're a bit soft which hurts their play-off performance level I think. However...there is optimism again in Toronto not seen since Mats was here.

Sponsor

Staff online