• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Vegas better learn how to get more physical or they are done for sure. They will win next game and then Caps win at home. Caps fans will be happy and we won't have to hear about them not winning for a long time.:)
YEAH CAPS. Now they've won the Stanley Cup. Happy & 40 years to wait was too long !:beercheer:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Vegas better learn how to get more physical or they are done for sure. They will win next game and then Caps win at home. Caps fans will be happy and we won't have to hear about them not winning for a long time.:)
YEAH CAPS. Now they've won the Stanley Cup. Happy & 40 years to wait was too long !:beercheer:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Washington DC is a happy town today! I'm rockin' the red at work, been a DC area resident since long before the Caps founding in 1974. I have to confess that I've always been a fair weather Caps fan, but guess what? This is the fairest weather this franchise has ever seen in all those years and everybody's going to enjoy it:)

After this post season I'm now a believer in that cliché about the Stanley Cup being the hardest championship to win. The NHL playoffs are so looong when you go all the way. We trailed in every playoff series and we closed-out every one away from home. It was very cool to see this team gain confidence after each series. I think even the Ovi haters have to admit he grew as a team leader and team player this post season. We had a magical convergence of team chemistry, not the least of which was a huge contribution from supporting players.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Happy for you guys. It's tough for sure. Now we'll see who was playing with torn ligaments and broken bits..

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
And that's a wrap... Credit to Ovie..hated him early on..Trotz got him to play a dangerous multi-faceted game.
Congratulations Caps and their fans!!!
:thumb::beercheer:

Washington DC is a happy town today! I'm rockin' the red at work, been a DC area resident since long before the Caps founding in 1974. I have to confess that I've always been a fair weather Caps fan, but guess what? This is the fairest weather this franchise has ever seen in all those years and everybody's going to enjoy it:)

After this post season I'm now a believer in that cliché about the Stanley Cup being the hardest championship to win. The NHL playoffs are so looong when you go all the way. We trailed in every playoff series and we closed-out every one away from home. It was very cool to see this team gain confidence after each series. I think even the Ovi haters have to admit he grew as a team leader and team player this post season. We had a magical convergence of team chemistry, not the least of which was a huge contribution from supporting players.

I was never an Ovie hater, I thought that he was a selfish player and although I'm all in on hard hitting I thought Ovie gave too many borderline hits intended not to intimidate but to maim. This playoff he did more than shoot and hit. He played a 200 foot game, blocking shots and playing just as inspired in their own end. The Caps played solid defense and kept Holtby pretty clean. The Caps and Ovie earned this one. To all the Pens fans still stinging from our elimination and the Caps rise, next season is going to be fun. For the first time in forever the Caps will be the defending champs and every team will give it their best to beat them. It will be interesting to see if Trots can keep them focused and hungry. If winning one cup is the hardest achievement in sports, try to get a second back to back.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
@JohnL at the Gathering you said that this Caps team wasn't a playoff team. I betcha you are glad to be wrong on that one. Enjoy the parade and 1 years worth of bragging rights. Just think, if we would have made a bet, I'd be wearing a Caps jersey at the next Mid- A gathering. I never bet though so that will never happen.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Pictures from the Caps Stanley Cup Championship parade 6/12/18/. Huge crowd, maybe 100-150k? When Ovi stepped up to the mic on the National Mall he was amazed at the throng, "you guys keeling it!"
Constitution Avenue was packed
DSCN1448 - Copy.jpg

Best headgear in the crowd
DSCN1455 - Copy.jpg

L-R: Vrana 13, Oshie with child, Chaisson 39, Stephenson dark glasses
DSCN1493 - Copy.jpg

The players came a few at a time in separate buses with their families. I think this is Backstrom/Connolly family photo with crowd as backdrop.
DSCN1518 - Copy.jpg

A few more.
Ovi and owner Ted Leonsis in blue suit
DSCN6734.jpg

Ovi kissing cup
DSCN6736.jpg

It was a beautiful day on the Mall
DSCN6752.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor