• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Mt Prospect Ski Tow in Lancaster. We drove by it on the way to get some food on St Patricks Day.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Eustis only has a rope tow, right?
Do any of these others only have a rope tow?

Abenaki is just a rope tow.

Powder magazine did an article about it a few years back. Its technically my husbands home “mountain” from when he was a kid. I got the article framed for him when it first came out...really good read, IMO.

Article here.

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ten years back, I did the same as what you are planning but went to the small areas near me, MA and NH. Plenty of great vibes in the smaller ski areas, Berkshire East and Butternut. Ragged was one of my favorites, glades were great, they range from newbies to experts. I like Whaleback as well, best trail, YOOYM (your out of your mind). Crotched when they first open. Pat's Peak, I still go there but only know my way around Hurricane and its connecting trails.

Presently, I'm still having a blast at Wildcat, if the present owners change things, I might change as well.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@pchewn did something similar in Oregon a couple of years ago... he might have some advice, though given the size of Oregon it might have been quite a different task.

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
@frontfive I want to chime in as another person who would be very interested in you documenting your travels to these mountains here on Pugski
Thank you! Im working on a plan with admin to share my adventure with the Pug community. I started a spreadsheet with locations, driving distance, hours/dates open, & other details with an expected start date of 11/29. First snow in southern NH today, just baby flakes that didn’t accumulate but it totally set the mood!

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thank you! Im working on a plan with admin to share my adventure with the Pug community. I started a spreadsheet with locations, driving distance, hours/dates open, & other details with an expected start date of 11/29. First snow in southern NH today, just baby flakes that didn’t accumulate but it totally set the mood!

If you would be so kind, please note if they have a bump run........

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Step one complete: the master list!
Pretty psyched that I can get to every mountain in under 2 hours- this idea needs to be realistic and manageable with a family & a full-time job. Now that it is mapped out and not just an idea in my head I'm so ready to do this. As excited as I am to start, I will not be skiing this weekend. Instead I am looking into volunteering at one of the small community hills on this list to help with winter prep. All big adventures should start with a small act of kindness

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 9.45.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 9.46.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 9.46.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 9.46.27 PM.png

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
@frontfive you definintely need a sponsor, and with your plans developed this far I bet you can get one.
Have you contacted any outdoor/ski magazines to see if they would sponsor you and print your write-up at the end?

A NH TV station might also be a potential sponsor. Once a week over the season they could send a reporter and video crew to interview you at one of the mountains. This would bring great publicity to the small mountains, and strengthen the bond between the viewing public that loves skiing and the evening news.

Last edited:
TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Frontfive Those prices for Dartmouth on Monday and Tuesday are the days they only run one side. You really want to hit it when both sides are open.
Thank you!!!! This is the little insider info Im totally looking for. So no Dart on M/T

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
I am also a native to the Granite State and last year my son and I had so much fun playing around with the interactive touch screen of ski areas big and small, past and present, that we decided this year to venture off our regular routine and hit some of the smaller mountains. If you succeed in getting to all of them this season, I think the museum should host a party celebrating your achievement . Looking forward to your reports.

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
IMG_1761.JPG IMG_1763.JPG IMG_1764.JPG
The inspirational board in my office:) 29 mountains, with an additional 5 that I can't confirm will be open, or available for the public to ski. A huge shout out to Kulkea, Pugski , and Peace & Powder for your support & interest!

Clancy: private HS, I will be reaching out in coming weeks to ask permission
Gateway Hills: Tiny magic carpet located in an industrial park, communicated via email & was informed they will open if there is a "2ft dump".... I'm doing a snow dance for them
Rowell Hill: Rumored chair lift in a private residents backyard in Sutton NH. Talk about a dream house! If anyone here could facilitate an introduction I would be most grateful
Snows Hill: The original Waterville Valley ski area, now utilized by the mountain school & summer mountain bikers. Waterville has opened this area twice in past few years to season ticket holders only... I plan on contacting them after I have completed a decent portion of my ski areas to see what the odds are of them spinning this lift.
Wight: private primary school, I will be reaching out in coming weeks to ask permission.

Attachments

• IMG_1762.JPG
    IMG_1762.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 0

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Have you contacted Ski Magazine yet? They could do a feature of your enterprise. Take pics with this in mind, should it come to pass at some point this year.

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Have you contacted Ski Magazine yet? They could do a feature of your enterprise. Take pics with this in mind, should it come to pass at some point this year.
Havent contacted anyone yet, 1) Im not the best at cold calls, 2) I agree its a great idea but Im far from skilled as a writer/photographer, I have no clue how to “sell” my idea, 3) I couldnt get a single mountain or SkiNH interested for a nanosecond at the Boston ski show, nor the local shops Ive been to this year. Aside from PugSki & Kulkea people are like yeah have fun with that....

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Good luck. I did a similar thing for Oregon. The "Oregon Ski Safari" (Every Area, Every Lift, Every Run) ... in 2016/2017 season.

Suggestions:
1) Make a logo, put it on some shirts and perhaps on your helmet or ski jacket. Other skiers are very interested.
2) Keep track using a spreadsheet of areas, dates, lift, runs, etc..... make some charts.
3) Do a daily report on some media of where you went, and how it was.
4) Don't let the quest to "finish" or "complete" get in the way of having fun skiing.

https://www.facebook.com/or.ski.safari.2017/

logo_rev16.JPG Safari-Dates.JPG Progress-Chart-Mar-11.JPG

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Oh, I contacted each area to try to score some discount/free tickets ..... No Joy.

I did get a free ticket to Mt Ashland due to someone seeing my facebook post and offered it up.

Mostly it was me enjoying all the areas in Oregon and sharing with Facebook friends, occasionally talking to people on the lift about the adventure...... No interest from publications, ski areas, or ski area associations.

Oh: I did pick up a sponsor: Abom goggles (my engineering colleague) gave me goggles to test. They are heated for anti-fog and we worked out the humidity sensor settings to conserve battery power. Very cool https://abom.com/

Sponsor