• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Made a little progress on my 5 pending additions... 1. My request to ski at Wight was sadly declined, it is only open to faculty & students of the Dublin School.
2. Request for Clancy at Cardigan school still pending.
3. Request to Snows Mountain at WV pending. 4. Gateway Hill will only open with a 2’+ snowfall.
5. I did some digging on the private residence on Rowell Hill & got a lovely reply with an invite to take some runs when it finally snows. This is near the old King Ridge ski area & they have a poma lift in the backyard- how totally cool is that!

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor

Tenney Mountain 2/1
Upcoming: Abenaki 2/2, Storrs Hill 2/5, & bonus The Last Chair/1766 Brewery in Plymouth. Imagine a pub with decor that rivals finds from American Pickers

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor

Abenaki #15
I'm a little behind...Storrs Hills, Proctors, & Veterans Memorial articles pending

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
@frontfive, I eagerly read all your trip reports. I am especially looking forward to the description of your Storrs Hill ski jump :)geek:).

Are you going to publish these in paper sometime? It will make a great coffee table book, and I bet a lot of ski shops would carry it next to their cash registers. It's the type of thing someone who skis New England would purchase spontaneously.

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
@frontfive, I eagerly read all your trip reports. I am especially looking forward to the description of your Storrs Hill ski jump :)geek:).

Are you going to publish these in paper sometime? It will make a great coffee table book, and I bet a lot of ski shops would carry it next to their cash registers. It's the type of thing someone who skis New England would purchase spontaneously.
Storrs Hill is next, hoping to finish by Wednesday. I have tried reaching out to a few local publishers but havent had any luck.... at this point snapfish is my best bet for publishing- lol. If you have any leads please lmk

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I don't have any links. But someone will publish this, I can feel it in the wind. Keep thinking.... pretty coffee table book for New England skiers, color pictures on glossy paper.

I guess I could be wrong. But people do still buy coffee table books, don't they? To celebrate the things they love to look at? I guess this assumes that people sit together in living rooms with coffee tables and talk, and maybe pick up books and look at the pictures in them, and talk about the content in the text.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
This is a really cool project I have enjoyed reading it. There are hills I remember from my childhood that don’t exist anymore. More small town things in Massachusetts that probably wouldn’t have enough snow to operate regularly. I learned to ski on a little hill with rope tows that was a great place to turn us loose when we were little.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Storrs Hill is next, hoping to finish by Wednesday. I have tried reaching out to a few local publishers but havent had any luck.... at this point snapfish is my best bet for publishing- lol. If you have any leads please lmk
Another option might be Kickstarter, which would then require finding ways to advertise your Kickstarter page. You could have the book laid out and ready to go from one of the self-publishing services (Snapfish would actually be one, though there are higher end ones out there - Blurb is one I've used.) Then if you get some backing, you could do a run and deliver the books. Still takes a lot of effort compared to someone wanting to publish your book and market it themselves.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Easiest is to make an online calendar people can order from their calendar app of choice. You would be surprised how well the honor system works. Upfront printing is tough in many ways. Just an idea and i dont mean to trivialize anyones endeavors.

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Storrs Hill

Thank you all for your encouragement to publish.... I agree if it is to be it will happen:)

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Cannon & Mittersill
Pending #20 Arrowhead & #21 Sunapee

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Great article on Cannon. Kinsman isn't so bad in good snow although my wife might disagree. The Creek is another tricky one but much shorter. I found that their new snowmaking has improved the conditions a lot.

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Arrowhead
Pending #21 Sunapee, #22 Black, & bonus day at Waterville Valley

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Sunapee
Pending #22 Black, bonus day Waterville, #23 Mount Prospect, and #24 Campton ski area

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Another pending #25 Dartmouth Skiway. Busy vacation week- I’m exhausted!

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Black Mountain

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
OMG visited Storrs Hill today & I drove the Cat!!!! I can proudly say I have made my own corduroy! Lots of articles pending but I had to share this as it was totally unexpected
7828626D-F32E-4F1D-BAEE-C3DBB10D039E.jpeg 3D63887E-FF91-4376-9AE9-700F65A30077.jpeg
8892DB6C-2376-4F96-8476-B29024EFC86F.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online