• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Next to the Cottonwoods

SpauldingSmails

Uh oh, somebody's wrong on the internet again!
Skier
Good morning! I moved to the 'burbs of SLC, UT from all over the east coast (multiple spots in NY, MD, temporarily FL, PA many moons ago) a few years ago. I started skiing at 40 here in UT. I like hard snow - Brighton at night is a favorite after it has been packed down - or any resort after it was warm, then groomed, then froze overnight. I usually ski at Alta though. Someday I will get into the powder. I mean I have been in it but it is not my favorite. However I do love skiing during cold, windy snowstorms (it is a winter sport...). My favorite leisurely day on the mountain is a few inches of powder on top of a groomer. It is enough to make the mountain silent and give a nice little bit of float and some kind of visual that you are moving around but still leave the hard stuff shallow enough to grip if I want to set an edge.

I have been following this forum for a couple of years and finally signed up. I do not dig social media or posting my oh so important and highly enlightened opinions or ridiculously exciting status updates, but I do like to read what others are writing about something I have questions about. I like this forum because it is actually a higher level of ski talk. EpicSki held an outstanding amount of content but that disappeared. I barely tolerate some other forums because sometimes they read like every reply is from the guy who won everything and knows everything ever and I am an idiot for not being born with that knowledge. I am amazed that there are that many awesome champion-experts sitting at a desk right now. I will still read those forums but I will never post or join.

In any case, here I be.
PS if anyone has a lead on a pair of Volkl Six Star Supersports in great condition please let me know!

Last edited:

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Six Stars... Hmmm. One of my faves. Never could quite bend them adequately, though. I passed them on to my nephew last year, who can bend them, when I got a pair of Laser AXs. Maybe should have asked asked before that. I don't think he's likely to part with them.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like this forum because it is actually a higher level of ski talk. EpicSki held an outstanding amount of content but that disappeared. I barely tolerate some other forums because sometimes they read like every reply is from the guy who won everything and knows everything ever and I am an idiot for not being born with that knowledge.
Thank you. I cannot emphasis enough that when someone is answering a post, they are not just answering the person asking the question but also the thousands reading the thread and that is a reflection on the communtiy and the site.

TS
SpauldingSmails

SpauldingSmails

Skier
Six Stars... Hmmm. One of my faves. Never could quite bend them adequately, though. I passed them on to my nephew last year, who can bend them, when I got a pair of Laser AXs. Maybe should have asked asked before that. I don't think he's likely to part with them.
Yes, I'm starting to get the feeling that most people don't want to part with these. Oldies but goodies! Maybe I should hoard the 4s and 5s ... I think the 6s eventually became the Allstars.

TS
SpauldingSmails

SpauldingSmails

Skier
Ha! Mission accomplished. I got a pair of Six Stars in 175 in good condition. The bases and edges need a little work but for what was a go to groomer ski this old it looks great.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January