• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Next Season's Gatherings?

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just confirming: I flew two days ago -- unfortunately two legs. Delta segment was middle seat empty. American was full across the aisle...and in the entire plane.
I'd never flown Delta before, but was impressed -- both with their middle seat policy AND the extra room I appeared to have between rows.
AFAIC, American sux. But unfortunately, they are the airline with the most flights from my home airport.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just confirming: I flew two days ago -- unfortunately two legs. Delta segment was middle seat empty. American was full across the aisle...and in the entire plane.
I'd never flown Delta before, but was impressed -- both with their middle seat policy AND the extra room I appeared to have between rows.
AFAIC, American sux. But unfortunately, they are the airline with the most flights from my home airport.
I've always been a big fan of Delta over American or United, from back in the day when those three were the only airlines flying out of Traverse city.
Now I mostly fly Southwest out of Reno, but Delta is my back up airline.

TS
Jimski

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got an email from Taos Ski Valley last week, outlining its COVID-safe practices. Among the steps it cited was that "only private lessons will be offered". Does that mean that Ski Week will not be offered this season?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I got an email from Taos Ski Valley last week, outlining its COVID-safe practices. Among the steps it cited was that "only private lessons will be offered". Does that mean that Ski Week will not be offered this season?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
From what I read just prior to my trip, Southwest, Jet Blue, Alaskan, Delta ...all have a policy of not using the middle seat unless its someone in your party.
United, American both are booking to full capacity.

As everything, this may change.
It changed.

Beginning with the travel date of December 1, 2020, all seats on Southwest® flights are once again available for purchase.

While we have communicated having our "Middle Seats open through November 30," we understand that you may have made your booking hoping we would continue to limit the number of Passengers onboard beyond that date. We are committed to your peace of mind when you fly, and travel scheduled beyond November 30 may include a flight with an occupied middle seat. As a gesture of goodwill, we are providing you the opportunity for a refund* for your upcoming trip should you wish to cancel. In order to receive a refund*, you must complete and submit this form by Saturday, October 31 at 11:59 p.m. CDT. Once the form has been submitted, no further actions are required (i.e., do not cancel your trip on Southwest.com® or swabiz.com)**. Please allow up to 30 days for funds to be applied to your original form of payment**. A follow-up notification will be sent to you once your trip has been canceled and an additional notification will be sent after your refund has been processed.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It changed.
And ... just in case you were foolish enough to have been counting on ANYTHING being stable ... I just got another communication from SW about the flights to ABQ and back that I'd reserved on points just in case a miracle happened and I could see my way clear to go to Taos. They changed one from a two-leg 8.25 hour flight to a three-leg 11 hour flight. The other they changed to a FOUR-leg 13 hour flight. Uh. No. Not happening.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm still planning on road-tripping to the Aspen Gathering, though I could still fly from Seattle non-stop to/from Steamboat on Alaska, which is still blocking out middle seats on flights until at least Jan 6, 2021. On the smaller regional jets (2 seats on each side of the aisle) I'm hoping that if you are a solo traveler they won't book the seat next to you. I couldn't find anything specific to those planes. Regardless, it's 3 hours non-stop, so I realize I'm fortunate to have that as an option.

Assuming of course that anything works out the way I want.

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
And ... just in case you were foolish enough to have been counting on ANYTHING being stable ... I just got another communication from SW about the flights to ABQ and back that I'd reserved on points just in case a miracle happened and I could see my way clear to go to Taos. They changed one from a two-leg 8.25 hour flight to a three-leg 11 hour flight. The other they changed to a FOUR-leg 13 hour flight. Uh. No. Not happening.

You can't get they'ah from heah.

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
I heard Kevin was having the NE gathering even if we have to cross country ski behind Tony in Maine.

Wait, what? Stowe! We always go to Stowe! Stowe has x-cross country skiing! Lots of it! Stowe, Trapp center and Craftsbury! Three day New England Gathering!

Maine to Vermont is only a few inches on the map. I'm sure there's a straightforward way to get from the Portland area to Stowe. :duck:

@Erik Timmerman has taken up x-country; he can show us his skills.

James

Out There
Instructor
Wait, what? Stowe! We always go to Stowe! Stowe has x-cross country skiing! Lots of it! Stowe, Trapp center and Craftsbury! Three day New England Gathering!

Maine to Vermont is only a few inches on the map. I'm sure there's a straightforward way to get from the Portland area to Stowe. :duck:

@Erik Timmerman has taken up x-country; he can show us his skills.
That was before...
Now it’s Maine. Saddleback.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm still planning on road-tripping to the Aspen Gathering, though I could still fly from Seattle non-stop to/from Steamboat on Alaska, which is still blocking out middle seats on flights until at least Jan 6, 2021. On the smaller regional jets (2 seats on each side of the aisle) I'm hoping that if you are a solo traveler they won't book the seat next to you. I couldn't find anything specific to those planes. Regardless, it's 3 hours non-stop, so I realize I'm fortunate to have that as an option.

Assuming of course that anything works out the way I want.
Yeah, unfortunately the southern Rockies are almost twice as far from Maine as they are from Seattle. (I know because I just Googled it.)
That was before...
Now it’s Maine. Saddleback.
2022. When all the pieces are back together again.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
SW is also going to start filling middle seats. This leaves only Delta and Alaska as holdouts with no middle seats till Jan or later ?

Sponsor

Staff online