• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Next Season's Gatherings?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm kind of thinking that there could be a daily Zoom meeting at the end of the day during a Gathering, where we're all eating whatever take out we picked up.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm kind of thinking that there could be a daily Zoom meeting at the end of the day during a Gathering, where we're all eating whatever take out we picked up.
:(

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I know, I know, not ideal, but if restaurants and bars are limited in their capacity to accommodate a group, what you gonna do?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

You are so predictable.
We already have too many realists on this thread. We need more people with hare brained ideas.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Be careful what you wish for.

I always like to see the wackos front and center. Then I can make a decision to go with them or away from them.
Hate lurkers. Especially the crazy ones.

Reactions: Ron

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hate lurkers. Especially the crazy ones
Like that person who keeps shuffling up the available Pugski emoji. Who is that? Anyway, I respectfully request a raised-eyebrow emoji. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I made my trip, am actually in Michigan now to visit family.
I felt very safe on the flight and was pleased with the practices.
If I needed to fly for ski travel, with these practices, I'd feel comfortable doing so.
Good to hear.
Can I ask what airline and if middle row seats were left empty?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Good to hear.
Can I ask what airline and if middle row seats were left empty?
Southwest (Delta is also doing this)
Yes Middle row seats were to be left empty unless you were with your own party.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I might fly with a N95 but the issue of the air inside a cabin is a deal killer for me.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I might fly with a N95 but the issue of the air inside a cabin is a deal killer for me.
I'm not sure about all airlines, but Southwest said:
  • Every aircraft is equipped with a sophisticated air recirculation system that introduces fresh air into the cabin every second while inflight, resulting in a complete exchange of cabin air every two to three minutes. We use HEPA filters onboard that remove 99.97% of airborne particles*—similar to the technology found in hospitals.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@DanoT is also taking bids on his camper, starting a quarter million, I heard.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lots of space on both flights I was on today for my return home.
Great care given and good health measures
View attachment 111201
Thx @Tricia. Good to get first-hand reports on which airlines are being more responsible. I would hope your experience remains the norm with those airlines.

It's a shame that the airlines can't afford to do every other row as well as every other seat - especially on the longer flights and those to and from case # hot spots of the country ... here I go dreaming again:/

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tying the flying back to the Gatherings... I've booked a flight for Aspen (changeable/reschedulable for free should I have to cancel). It was about $300 less than the last time I flew to Aspen a few years ago... pretty good deal. Not amazing or anything, but good.

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tying the flying back to the Gatherings... I've booked a flight for Aspen (changeable/reschedulable for free should I have to cancel). It was about $300 less than the last time I flew to Aspen a few years ago... pretty good deal. Not amazing or anything, but good.
Darnit you just made me revisit the thread and scroll past@ Tricia last post only to see the photo looking like the two old guys crooked and whoever was on the laptop just keeled over.
:facepalm:

Edit: apologies for the thread drift, I would 100X rather be talking about snowdrifts.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Darnit you just made me revisit the thread and scroll past@ Tricia last post only to see the photo looking like the two old guys crooked and whoever was on the laptop just keeled over.
:facepalm:

Edit: apologies for the thread drift, I would 100X rather be talking about snowdrifts.
This flight definitley had its share of senior passengers. I was on the lap top all by myself, and was able to sprawl. Lots of napping on this flight.

Sponsor

Staff online