• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Next Generation Mid Engined Corvette Reveal Tonight...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Still better than this....
Pontiac-6000-STE-Steering-Wheel.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Goodness. Never even knew about it. From GM’s dark ages or plague years.
25344735-7B6F-428F-9D32-880C9988322D.jpeg

Somehow 6 crappy rectangular lights was supposed to mean advanced, quality, futuristic?
Sadder is this assessment. Clearly American cars of that era were so bad auto journalists developed a form of Mad Cow disease.
————
David E. Davis, the dean of automotive journalists, wrote in Car and Driver in 1985. “It is a sedan that can hold its head high in any automotive society.”
——————
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi.../midsize-muscle-6000-ste-taurus-sho-and-more#

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Goodness. Never even knew about it. From GM’s dark ages or plague years.
View attachment 77459
Somehow 6 crappy rectangular lights was supposed to mean advanced, quality, futuristic?
Sadder is this assessment. Clearly American cars of that era were so bad auto journalists developed a form of Mad Cow disease.
————
David E. Davis, the dean of automotive journalists, wrote in Car and Driver in 1985. “It is a sedan that can hold its head high in any automotive society.”
——————
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi.../midsize-muscle-6000-ste-taurus-sho-and-more#
Actually, the 6000 S/E could be gotten in a stick....and in the wagon too! Talk about a unicorn, I actually saw one a few years back. Considering the options in 88...they weren't that bad.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
It's no longer a Corvette.(Not that I was ever a fan of them) Front engine pushrod V-8, rwd, plastic body, American muscle car is what got them this far.
Now it's just another 'exotic' :huh:
ZERO interest here.
Unless you are going to track it, all the 0-whatever times are all pointless. Like so many cars they have become all ego driven.
The Miata anniversary edition would actually be fun on the back roads and mountains in the real world (still heavier than my NA though)

Last edited:

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Interior is a bit odd, but really most mid-engined cars look very similar.
If this had a Mclaren badge people would go gaga for this. I applaud GM for taking the risk and offering so much performance for so little money. Just wait until the Z Version of this comes out.
That is this is certainly not marketed to the gold chain, hairy chested, open palm tree shirt crowd....something GM needs to do to attract a different buyer to the brand.

Hopefully they can build this with some reliability.

While I would prefer the McLaren over this....I’m not certain the McLaren is worth $150k+ more that this. (Coming from a 911 guy as well)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Like, which division is building the Porsche Cayenne/BMW beaters? Chevy is supposed to be the performance division I suppose..but the pedigree isn't there really, Corvette and Camaro aside. I think Cadillac has to be the division to build the Porsche/BMW beaters. But how do they do that? Escalade? Well, that's certainly a worthy vehicle..but it's no Cayenne beater. Maybe they've decided they just can't compete, I just don't know. The Camaro is let down by its interior..not even close to BMW caliber. I just see rental car fleet sales continuing to be their bread and butter. Their cars have come a long way since the Chevy Citation..but still not perceived to be in the same league as an Audi A7.

The division that builds the Cayenne/BMW beaters is going to have to be the same division that will make the electrics, for simple continuity of branding reasons.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January