• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Newfoundland

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
When you think about places in Canada to retire, Newfoundland is attractive..Deer Lake..you have Marble Mountain, Gros Morne, an airport and some very nice people. You can get coastal property fairly cheap. it ticks a lot of boxes.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Can't call myself a mountain biker, but wow. Gorgeous video Thanks for sharing it.

scott43

Skier
Looks like fun. I absolutely love rugged, ground level, tech riding. Gap jumps, not so much, anymore.

And not quite as wet as I thought it would be, with temps indicating that heat stroke would never be a problem!

It's kinda like Ireland..sea moderates the temp..so not too cold, not too hot. And yeah, some rain and snow..but wow, what a view. The problem is, where else in Canada is better? Other than Vancouver Island..which is pricey..

scott43

Skier
Heard there was a fair network of gravel logging roads also?
Yeah they have all kinds of summer-only roads..gravel...my wife used to drive the east coast for work..been all around Newfoundland numerous times. Navigating by Google Maps in winter can be troublesome as a lot of roads are not marked as summer-only. She got to experience Wreckhouse in person..

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
They get lots of snow when the coastal noreasters stall after hitting land.