• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Newbie intro

Tetsuma

aka David
Skier
Hey folks,

My name is David. Grew up in NY, and skied in the NE (mainly VT & ME - Sugarbush, Stowe, Mt. Snow, Killington, Sugarloaf, Gore, White(Ice)face, plus some others). Live/ski now around the PNW/Puget Sound. Home mountain is Mt. Baker, WA. Skiing is a dream, and the dream I'm chasing is to be a ski bum at Steamboat for a year (trying to figure out how to make that happen!). My wife is a boarder, and we still get along!

Love the outdoors, but I do not miss freezing my buns off on chairs in the NE.

Strangest thing about the PNW is people here call packed snow/powder, ICE. If it isn't blue it's not ice.

No kids. Two great dogs who add a whole wonderful dimension to life. Used to be on TGR; then on EpicSki; and now here.

Assuming most of you are in the northern hemisphere, so a great season to you all!!

David

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome David. You have dogs? You will fit right in.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad to have you here, David. Sorry to hear your wife is a boarder.;) What sorta dogs do you have?

TS
Tetsuma

Tetsuma

aka David
Skier
Glad to have you here, David. Sorry to hear your wife is a boarder.;) What sorta dogs do you have?

Two Wheaten Terriers... who unknowingly are descendants of the mother of my first Wheaten, who was born in 1969.

Small world!

D

p.s. The boarder wife.... can't go to Alta, unfortunately. And she has taught me that boarder thing.... they really do hate skiers, and their newbies really do plow all the fresh powder out!

WP_20140902_009.jpg