• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Zealand Advanced Training takeaways, 2019

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Rod9301: If you actively and continuously rotate your hips opposite the direction of the ski tips and the rotation of your femurs, you place yourself in the most functional alignment at the end of the turn. You can think of it as "hips opposite tips," wherein the outside hip is tucking under and back throughout the turn, and the inside hip, shoulder and hand are rotating forward and around. You will then end the turn in a dynamic "diagonal corkscrew" of the upper and lower body, facing downhill, ready to release into the next turn. All you need do is release the twist to allow the next turn to begin. Works well!

Best!
Mike
Yes, this is how i ski, or at least think i do

TS
mike_m

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
Just got word of some of my coaches for next summer. Two will be Sebastian Michel and Takao Maruyama. I can deal with that. Still some spots available if anyone is interested.

Best!
Mike

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
@mike_m, how does one get into a class taught by these guys instead of being assigned to coaches whose names we don't recognize? Is it determined by ski-off? Or does one need to have attended in the past to get assigned to a celebrity coach?

TS
mike_m

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
LF: All the coaches of the Advanced courses are"celebrity coaches." If you don't get assigned Sebastian or Takao, you'll get JF, Reilly, or Jonathan Ballou.

Best!
Mike

TS
mike_m

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
Treble Cone (home base for the Rookies) has been purchased by Cardrona. That means the Advanced Course is now offered to non-instructors and folks can now ski both resorts! There will also be more flexibility in designing courses. Email rookieacademy.com for more info.

Best!
Mike

Sponsor

Staff online