• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado New Trails At Eldora

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
I'm sure many of you are aware of the expansion that Eldora is undergoing under Powdr ownership. Well, the new trails are up on the map. I wasn't aware of where the trails were going in (aside form a vague 'between Corona lift and Indian Peaks lift' and am pretty bummed to find out that one of my favorite glades, Brian's Glade, now is a narrow strip of trees instead of the large playground it was.

New trails can be seen skiers right of Corona lift on the trail map, named 'Wolf Tongue', 'Alpenhorn' and 'Red Tail'. View trail map

Here is the old trail map, for reference View trail map

While two of the three new trails are generally located in the tighter trees, putting them in there looks like it takes away several of the fun gullies and tighter spaced trees that you could get to if you knew the mountain. Overall, more skiers would likely ski a black run than a semi-hidden gully in tight trees, but I'm still a little bummed to find out that one of my favorite tree runs at Eldora is substantially smaller.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
I totally missed that this was happening for this season. I'm also bummed to see Brian's Glade get smaller.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
am pretty bummed to find out that one of my favorite glades, Brian's Glade, now is a narrow strip of trees instead of the large playground it was.

WAIT. Isn't that the glade we lapped on that crazy powder weekday?

TS
kimmyt

kimmyt

Skier
WAIT. Isn't that the glade we lapped on that crazy powder weekday?

Yes! Its so much fun, and very large so there were a ton of lines in there. I'm sad to see the size reduced. Plus, the groomers in that area have never been my favorite as they tend to get scraped off on steeper pitches. I'm hoping the runs will at least be more similar to West Ridge which is bumps and natural terrain at the very least.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
:(

TS
kimmyt

kimmyt

Skier
Interesting @SkiNurse I hadn't seen that! I could see that fitting into the expansion. Eldora sorely needs better base facilities. Although I just hope it can maintain it's small mountain/locals vibe while expanding a bit to better accomodate the crowds.

Sponsor