• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Skis for Very Recreational Wife

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Recreational in that she skis very recreationally - no that in she is my recreational wife, while I also maintain another, "pro" level wife.

If anyone is looking, Evo has Head Pure Joy on sale. Full size run. GREAT recreational ski. If you have a "recreational wife", Evo's description should sell you:

"Like a cloak you can don that gives you magical powers, the Head Pure Joy Skis + Joy 9 GW SLR Bindings are designed to turn new and tentative skiers into confident all-mountain riders with little drama and maximum fun along the learning curve."

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It is a great Joy of a ski but it is also a ski that needs some input, It had a good amoutn of shape and a flair in the tail that can lock in. So, if that recreational skier wants to jsut slide around, there are better choicers but for rec skier with a growing skill set who likes and appreciates a light ski, it is a pure Joy of a option.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Pure Joy is a very low level intermediated, but developed with a turn shape that helps her turn.
If that's what you're looking for, go for it.
I think Phil was talking about the Total Joy which is similar shaped but more advanced construction.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
The Pure Joy is a very low level intermediated, but developed with a turn shape that helps her turn.
If that's what you're looking for, go for it.
I think Phil was talking about the Total Joy which is similar shaped but more advanced construction.

And that is exactly what she needs. She's uber fit, a gym rat but will never put drill time in to become an efficient skier. She has access to awesome instructors, but is all about an AM of skiing, hot tub, and lunch. Which come to think about it, so am I. :) The crux - finding a jacket to match!

Or as the description reads:

"...designed to turn new and tentative skiers into confident all-mountain riders with little drama and maximum fun along the learning curve."

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
My wife is a cruiser that prefers groomed intermediate grade slopes but is occasionally coerced to off trail steeps. She has a set of Atomic Vantage 86. She finds them easy to drive, light and nimble and she can get them up on the edge and hold that edge. She is about 5'7" and 130 pounds so not exactly a giant.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ Atomic has done a great job with the Vantage line.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Recreational wife...:decisions:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:useless:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
By random chance my wife broke her black pearl skis so used my kid's mantra jr. She liked them so much she got her own. Either way maybe skip the combo and find better bindings.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
By random chance my wife broke her black pearl skis so used my kid's mantra jr. She liked them so much she got her own. Either way maybe skip the combo and find better bindings.

But.... but.... they match. My recreational wife needs matching matchie. We just fund the perfect jacket, and don’t need to start that process again. Fortunately her goggles match her LEKI License To Thrill, limited edition, vintage poles.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
But.... but.... they match. My recreational wife needs matching matchie. We just fund the perfect jacket, and don’t need to start that process again. Fortunately her goggles match her LEKI License To Thrill, limited edition, vintage poles.

Well black pearls are probably too purple. Blue is my favorite too. I dont think kastle 95hp is a good choice for her but maybe they would turn her to a pro wife

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Recreational in that she skis very recreationally - no that in she is my recreational wife, while I also maintain another, "pro" level wife.

If anyone is looking, Evo has Head Pure Joy on sale. Full size run. GREAT recreational ski. If you have a "recreational wife", Evo's description should sell you:

"Like a cloak you can don that gives you magical powers, the Head Pure Joy Skis + Joy 9 GW SLR Bindings are designed to turn new and tentative skiers into confident all-mountain riders with little drama and maximum fun along the learning curve."

There are plenty of choices just make sure they are light to carry and that the bindings are very easy to get in and out of.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
So the skis MUST be blue......???

Already purchased. My post was more to let others know that there was a great deal out there on a well respected ski for those on the lower end of the curve.

Snapcase26

Booting up
Skier
Looking for advice of a choice between head core 93 w or qst lux for sting intermediate putting away her snowboard and back on skis. 95% east coast ski, both are 161 and price is basically the same.
thanks in advance

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking for advice of a choice between head core 93 w or qst lux for sting intermediate putting away her snowboard and back on skis. 95% east coast ski, both are 161 and price is basically the same.
thanks in advance
Which Lumen? Also, the 2020 version of it?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Head V4 or V6 maybe?

Sponsor

Staff online