• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With so many great ski options for the ladies in this width range, its tough to pick one. Especially when my wife doesn't demo and its up to me to filter all the info and opinions. She never said she wanted new skis , however I think she "needs" some, and what else is a loving husband to do ??! :ogbiggrin:

For my wife I went with a 2020 Santa Ana 88 158 and a Warden 11 demo-binding. The 2020 SA has the newer build similar to what the Enforcer 88 and 104 have with lighter tips, and some other goodies.

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Similar here- I usually pick out the skis for her to demo and they all seem good to her. But her skis now are sub-par and she can over ski them. So I'm getting her a birthday present that wasn't on her list- shoot me now!!
I pulled the trigger on the BP88's in 166. Just gotta find a good deal on bindings before next season (hopefully we'll have a next season)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
With so many great ski options for the ladies in this width range, its tough to pick one. Especially when my wife doesn't demo and its up to me to filter all the info and opinions. She never said she wanted new skis , however I think she "needs" some, and what else is a loving husband to do ??! :ogbiggrin:

For my wife I went with a 2020 Santa Ana 88 158 and a Warden 11 demo-binding. The 2020 SA has the newer build similar to what the Enforcer 88 and 104 have with lighter tips, and some other goodies.

Has she skied them yet? Have I forgotten that she has? These are still the reference ski in the 88 under foot category, for me. I absolutely LOVE the SA 88.

Similar here- I usually pick out the skis for her to demo and they all seem good to her. But her skis now are sub-par and she can over ski them. So I'm getting her a birthday present that wasn't on her list- shoot me now!!
I pulled the trigger on the BP88's in 166. Just gotta find a good deal on bindings before next season (hopefully we'll have a next season)
She'll love them. Such a fantastic ski. I skied them for two full seasons. Salomon Warden 11 would be another solid binding choice. There are deals to be had out there right now.

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bought them a few weeks ago at Corbetts end of season sale, along with Enforcer 88 for me. They should arrive tomorrow. OP if you don’t have a source for cheap bindings, check in with Corbetts. I got my wife Warden 11 Demo for $99 $C. They are not GW compatible, and only in white/teal, but fine for her non-GW boots and level of aggressiveness ( or lack thereof ).

Last edited:
TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Bought them a few weeks ago at Corbetts end of season sale, along with Enforcer 88 for me. They should arrive tomorrow. OP if you don’t have a source for cheap bindings, check in with Corbetts. I got my wife Warden 11 Demo for $99 $C. They are not GW compatible, and only in white/teal, but fine for her non-GW boots and level of aggressiveness ( or lack thereof ).
Corbett’s does have some good prices. Can I ask why the demo binding?
Would the Marker 11.0 be a good match for the BP88?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Corbett’s does have some good prices. Can I ask why the demo binding?
Would the Marker 11.0 be a good match for the BP88?
Yes, the Marker M11.0 would be a good option for that ski.
I like the heel on that better than the Squire.

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm a Demo-binding fan for the ability to adjust to different/future boot BSLs, but more importantly to adjust the mount point forward or back. For how I ski, I personally like my skis at +0.5 to +1.0 cm forward. I find this more of value on a wider ski with tip and/or tail rocker, where I can dial in the feel ( usually tip engagement ) for my stance and skiing posture. Also to adjust the mount for the conditions I might me skiing -> if there is lots of powder, I might move the mount back 1 cm. The last 2 skis in my signature ( plus on the SR97 I still have on hand ) have the same Attack Demo, so I travel with 2 skis and 1 set of bindings. And if one is a gear-flipper like myself, losing a sale because the BSL mount doesn't work for a potential buyer is never an issue.

My wife skis with an upright posture, so I like the ability of the Demo-binding to make sure she is "positionally optimized" for the ski I bought for her on a leap of faith :ogbiggrin: