• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looking at the Blizzard Sheeva 9's for my wife. I'm thinking about pairing them up with the Tyrolia SX 10 bindings. Will these bindings work with a 90mm brake?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes they will work with a 90mm brake. But I'd put a different binding on that ski for her.
What length Sheeva 9? What are her stats?

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not enough binding for a 90some mm wide ski. There are better options, step up to a Attack 12 at least if considering a Tyrolia binding.

Jack Lake

Putting on skis
Skier
I bought my wife kenja's at 90mm underfoot and mounted them with pivot 12s. Good deals to be had now on the Look's, if your not dead set on tyrolias.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia and @Philpug - is there still the deal if you match ski and binding manufacturers for extended warranty? If that's the case, Marker and Blizzard would be the match....
While Blizzard partners with Marker, they are not the same company like Völkl.

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for the responses-
My wife is an advanced intermediate skier- loves the groomers and is very fast. Will ski steeps with ease, and that's about it. Doesn't venture into the moguls or trees much. It's really between the Sheeva 9 and the Black Pearl 88. Looking at 164/166 length.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
New skis for wife?
I know times are tough and quarantining can put a strain on a relationship. What size Sheeva 9? How do we handle shipping? Asking for a friend. ;)

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hope your wife enjoys her new skis.

Just got new Sheevas for my wife too. But she wanted a wider ski so went with the 10s. She loved them on demo day. Went with Attack 13 bindings for her new sheevas.

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
New skis for wife?
I know times are tough and quarantining can put a strain on a relationship. What size Sheeva 9? How do we handle shipping? Asking for a friend. ;)
Looking at the Sheeva's in 164. Or the Pearls in 166

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Tricia, I’m sure you have skied both the Black Pearl 88 and the Sheeva 9. Which would be better for groomers?

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OP out of curiosity, why the Sheeva 9 in the Nordica line-up ?
Did you have any thoughts on the Santa Ana 88 or 93, as you are also looking at the BP 88 ?

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
OP out of curiosity, why the Sheeva 9 in the Nordica line-up ?
Did you have any thoughts on the Santa Ana 88 or 93, as you are also looking at the BP 88 ?
Price- can get a good deal on either ski.
I've always put her on a width in this range with demo's, but this past year she was skiing some K2 Beluved 78Tis that she got from a neighbor. This skis are not up to her ability and are too short overall. She found the speed limit very quickly on them.
I'll look into the Santa Ana's- thanks for the recommendation

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Per my wife, BP are great in soft snow and and in the woods but not any good on ice. When she broke her BP and used my kid's mantra jr she noticed an immediate difference on hard snow.

Those ripsticks look pretty good for groomers and are a good price too but still only come with 11 dins.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the responses-
My wife is an advanced intermediate skier- loves the groomers and is very fast. Will ski steeps with ease, and that's about it. Doesn't venture into the moguls or trees much. It's really between the Sheeva 9 and the Black Pearl 88. Looking at 164/166 length.
BP is better on groomers, the width alone will make it so. But the Sheeva might make her decide to pop into moguls and trees more :ogbiggrin: Also, are we talking 2021 BP? Or 2020? It's a brand new ski next season, a much MUCH different ski.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia, I’m sure you have skied both the Black Pearl 88 and the Sheeva 9. Which would be better for groomers?
Black Pearl all the way, if you're picking between these two skis. The Sheeva is more of an off piste oriented ski.
So many good skis in this category.
:drool:

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
@AmyPJ- 2020 models.
Agreed there are plenty of great skis in this range-
Now to just find a really good deal on bindings

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@AmyPJ- 2020 models.
Agreed there are plenty of great skis in this range-
Now to just find a really good deal on bindings
Just an FYI, the new(2021) version of Black Pearl (all widths) is a much stronger version.
Not good or bad, just want you to know this information.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
New skis for wife?
"New skis for the Wife"

If you want to trade you should at least show us a picture.
:roflmao:

Sponsor