• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I found this interesting: Blister tells you what year model they review and if there were any changes from previous years (aside from graphics). For the protest here's what he had:
[Note: Our review was conducted on the 12/13 Protest, which was not changed for 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, or 19/20, apart from graphics.]

More typical is "no changes from last year's model" or maybe two years back.

That says something (good, I think) about the design and the company. Thanks @Ron for putting them on the radar.
I have given this some thought. I think it may be because Prxis are customizable. I am not sure there has really been anything truly revolutionary in ski design since 2013. Aren't the changes to models by the big brands ultimately tweaking things that are customizable at Praxis more or less?

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
, skis have gotten a lot lighter over the past couple of years and there are Some new materials being used like graphene and some new layups but I think this ski just works. It’s not a heavy ski nor is it super light but it does what it’s supposed to extremely well. I don’t know of a ski like this that does it so well.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had reviewed them on Epic :).
I look forward to your long term/in depth and interactive review when you get on them this season.
:popcorn:

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrats - excellent skis. I got the Le Petit customized during this sale a few years ago, and they have become my one ski quiver. I got them made narrower and stiffer than standard based on emails back & forth describing what I did & didn't like about other skis, and can agree that the service is amazing. I don't really even browse other skis, because these ones are so light, so responsive, and so comfortable that I can't imagine what another ski could do better.

That being said, I am trying to convince myself that getting another slightly different pair with a different graphic is totally unnecessary, with only limited success, since I got the email about the sale. Might be fortunate that not many come in my length (would want a 16something length).

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is clearly a lie. If you were on something that fat you'd obviously be up on top of the snow, and not down in it. :roflmao:

Seriously though, I've had an itch for a pair of protests for a while now, this thread has just made it rise up again.
+1

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Here's another and you can see the tips. :).

1589891130517.png

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Solid deal! And available in both Salomon blue and Atomic white!

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have to call kieth to be accurate on the build but it was the regular build / non carbon in a medium + flex.
super fun, very playful and quite nimble for their width.
Along the same lines as the GPO I found the Elan Ripstick line and when I’m feeling manly the Stormrider 106.
For next year will be adding either the RS 116 or possibly the fisher in the same width for Montana cold smoke days.
Back to the Protest Stoke

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These are my favorite powder skis and I foolishly sold them to @jmeb a couple years ago. With more heavy snow days, these are ridiculously stupid fun and easy in any powder. In case anyone is interested, they are offering a killer early season purchase deal.

View attachment 102444

I just bought a pair of Protests in 192. Thanks @Ron for the thread and @Wasatchman for asking if I’ve skied them. :)

1F8CEB98-2EA3-48EB-B970-90C35783F12A.jpeg

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
no reverse sidecut, not reverse camber They actually have camber and sidecut. Not a ton of rise in the rocker, its a lower, but long run. The tail has less than half of the rocker. its a very unique design that kills it.

edit. Corrected ski description.

Last edited:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Those look fun.

Reverse sidecut?

One of my favorite things about Praxis is the put the exact specs on their site. 54 and 33cm of tip and tail taper...so not total reverse sidecut, but lots of reverse sidecut. Notice too that the sidecut length and the camber contact are exact matches (and therefore the rocker lengths match the tapers)

protest-shape-specs-2018-2.jpg

Sponsor