• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ ..... you know I will

... and Phil is always quick with a cheeky comment :D

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
I have heard nothing but good reports from skiers in Europe who have spent a few runs on the Croc skis. Small-batch, high-quality, serious carving tools is the reputation.......

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Weird, I got that from them naming a ski brand 'Croc'
6a00d8345194a469e20120a666f07d970c-320wi
No no... those are the boots..

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
The skis are very, very good race skis. I know a group who will be testing them this coming week, and may have a couple of athletes, fully comp'd by other companies moving to them. They have no distribution in North America, yet, and they don't really need any at this point. Very content with how things are going. They have been killing it on the Europa Cup, and in the highest levels of older junior competition and FIS races for some time. Top quality ski. I know NOTHING about the non race skis. Assume they are exceptionally well built, but know nothing about how they ski.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
They had some a year ago. Not too effective. I know a couple of coaches with some of the nor fastest first year FIS skiers in the world who couldn't even get a pair or two to try/test. Not so sure under the circumstances that they even should have publicized that they had skis. My understanding is that they are only building so many, quality is key, so at this point, no need to market, sell or in cur those costs. And until recently it was all serious race stuff.

We'll see what happens with them. As I had posted, a lot of these skis are kicking ass in Europe.

Blossom? The answer man would be @Brian Finch, I think/

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Croc's website only shows dealers in Austria, mostly in Tirol.
Jennewein-Sport in St. Anton is my go-to place for rentals & purchases. I will try to snag photos ( tips, tails, de-cambered ,etc ) of whatever Crocs I see in their shop. The AM77 is first on my brain. If it lacks some "All-Mountain"-ness in its shape ( kinda like how the White-Out is "too traditional" in shape for my wants ) I'll take a pass on it.

Croc posts a comparison chart ( scroll to bottom ) outlining specs, and also a stiffness rating.
The AM99 is listed as pretty soft on their scale -> that could be interesting, and I'm sure will have some appropriate rocker fore & aft.
https://www.crocsports.com/en/skis/on-piste-all-mountain/croc-allmountain-77-ski-blue.html

James

Out There
Instructor
I have heard nothing but good reports from skiers in Europe who have spent a few runs on the Croc skis. Small-batch, high-quality, serious carving tools is the reputation.......
Any word on the stiffness ratings? For instance their slalom comes Hard, Med, Soft, Extra soft

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Blossom & I parted ways right before the 2014 season. They had a number of issues including cash flow & making skis for their other brands first, yet I never believed that Hart had sincere intentions of pushing Blossom & Hart in the states.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
......Blossom was also facing a technological avalanche in that their tech was significantly dated & they were facing competition from skis that were varying in flex/stiffness/construction. The completely uniform laminate ski is no longer top shelf & the most advanced concept they could arrive at was to finally install Slalom Guards that were sourced from Head’s supply chain. Time marches fast on the technological horizon.

They were still pressing replicas of ‘08/09 Nordica as their flagship skis.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was watching a WC event on Jan. 6th or 7th right before I left and saw someone in the start gate with CROC skis and I was like WTF???? I stopped the recording to see what they were.

Interesting that there is a new player.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
Their current capacity is about 3500 pairs a year. I was quite surprised to find out they are using a prepreg layup. There is a supplier in Slovenia with an English website that ships worldwide https://www.tesmasport.com/

Goldmember

Booting up
Skier
I saw that Croc says they have their own facility in Austria, good.
And that facility is within 3 miles of the Blizzard Factory in Mittersill. Likely a good thing.
The company sounds very interesting.

@ARL67 , thanks for the info on Jennewein...they have quite the selection. Even the FIS Stockli Laser SX for rent!
Will try to demo the Croc GS Masters skis from Jennewein when there in a few weeks, assuming we get some hard snow.

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was at Jennewein yesterday and today. The AM77 is very traditional in shape ( no rocker/rise in tip/tail ) , so it is much like the Blossom White Out. Price was 800 euros. The only other Crocs in-house were the "On Piste" GS & SL skis, also 800 euros IIRC.

A sales guy there said Croc will be changing their name as they expand there product line -> Yes the confusion with Croc shoes/sandals.
He said the new name will be "Augment".
A quick Google of "Augment skis" brings up a link to ISPO 2018 and "Croc Ski / Augment Ski"
https://www.ispo-mediaservices.com/..._augment_ski/?sb_n=&elb=159.1100.10850.1.1111

Sponsor

Staff online