• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New ski bases, wavy

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Andy Mink has a pair of Moments that have their triple camber. I skied them for a couple of runs and while they skied well, I could not discern if the camber design made a difference or not. I guess the only way to truly tell is to ski two identically constructed skis with traditional camber and this type of design back to back. I am not saying "if it was better...everyone would be doing it.." but is it something that is different for the sake of being different?

Zski

Booting up
Instructor
I’m skeptical that this is a good idea

When you bend the ski in a carved turn you would end up with the arc of the edge ending at the bump and have little edge engagement beyond it on both ends. This would make the skis ski super short feeling. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. You are turning a longer ski into a snow blade.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I’m skeptical that this is a good idea

When you bend the ski in a carved turn you would end up with the arc of the edge ending at the bump and have little edge engagement beyond it on both ends. This would make the skis ski super short feeling. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. You are turning a longer ski into a snow blade.

It can't end at the bump unless there is zero force at the bump. The bump acts as an arch bridge, any force on it gets transferred to the ends.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January