• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold New Scott Crusade skis (179cm)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
For sale are a brand new pair of Scott Crusade skis in 179cm length. They have a published sidecut of 15m (134 - 92 - 121). Asking $250 + actual shipping to your destination. THESE ARE SOLD.

I consider these to be a fairly special ski; something unlike just about every other ski that's ever been built. I have two more pairs of these already mounted in my quiver, but have decided to let someone else experience the magic of this remaining pair. The Crusade can do short, medium, and long turns with aplomb. The tip shape and flex pattern make them great for crud busting duties. There is a bit of early rise in the tip combined with the "Venturi" hollowed section that provides some additional lift when you get them in deeper snow. They don't have metal, but they don't need it. They are quite like the Blossom construction (as seen in the Hart Pulse, etc.) where they are damp without being lifeless. They also have a trapezoidal cross-section to their shape that helps the edges achieve good purchase into hard snow surfaces.

20191020_174750433_iOS.jpg 20191020_174755690_iOS.jpg 20191020_174759723_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Don’t these have the boat hull tip? Or reverse boat hull?
I remember skiing these also. Total opposite of the Stockli VXL. ( I was too in love with the VXL to date this one seriously) I think I described it at the time on epic something like “a lightweight boxer on meth.”

These are playful in the old school sense, not new school tail pushing/slashing. If you can guide your tips you’ll get along well with these. A light, turny ski that floats pretty well. It’s def unusual. Graphics look better in real life.

I would think this ski might work well for lighter skiers even though it’s 179cm?

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
@James - your recollection is a bit different than my take. Yes, they have the "reverse boat hull" design in the tips and tails. Scott calls them "Venturi" tips and tails. They make waxing and scraping the skis... interesting. ;) I actually used the Crusade quite often as a crud buster. They have the perfect tip shape that isn't hooky; doesn't get caught up in the crap and can blast through, but at the same time has a deep sidecut and is a pretty quick turning ski if you know how to drive it. There's no metal in the layup, but its quite stable and quiet on the snow. Reminds me a lot of the Hart Pulse in its on-snow feel. They do have a bit of "marketing" tip rocker and the tip turn up starts earlier, so they don't ski like a 179cm; they feel more like a 175cm, but they are more "old school playful" like you said. They are the rare ski that can reward on the hard pack and excel off-piste for a capable skier.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I recently got on my other pair of Crusades again and came away from the day with smiles. The Crusade is an interesting ski in its ability to pull off fairly quick turns (really responds well to higher edge angles), but never feels twitchy; really stable for long turn cruising too.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They look really cool too !
If I bought them, I'd keep them as ornaments in my home-office, next to my new unmounted Skilogik Pink Floyd Dark-Side skis. Where else can you find such a cool piece of functional-art for that kinda money !

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
They look really cool too !
If I bought them, I'd keep them as ornaments in my home-office, next to my new unmounted Skilogik Pink Floyd Dark-Side skis. Where else can you find such a cool piece of functional-art for that kinda money !

I can't tell if this was a slam or not. :geek:

I do think there are really good opportunities out there with NOS skis, and this is likely one of them. I mean, you know, for people who are going to use them for skiing. :duck:

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Definitely not a slam, Noodler and I have talked high-end audio offline and how I found some NOS Skilogik Dark-Sides and have them ornamenting my home-office / stereo setup. Of course they can be skied , but maybe they are too unique now to mount up ( for me anyway ) ;) .

There are so many great deals here in the Gear Swap , I am surprised how long it takes for some items to move.

@Noodler I'm sending you an email, as I'll take them, thanks

Last edited:

J2R

Booting up
Skier
I still ski on Scott Crusades and love them. Not sure how to really tell if they're past their best, but the last couple of times I've taken them to ski shops for an edge sharpening, I've been told they're OK still. Glad to read from what Noodler says it seems they've not been completely obsoleted by newer designs.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I like these skis so much that I have decided to bring a pair to Taos to ski for the week. Given how many skis I own, when I have to whittle down my choices to fit only a few pairs in the car, it's really saying something when the Crusades make the cut. :)

BTW - @ARL67 has thrown his hat into the purchase ring for these skis. Deal is being finalized...

James

Out There
Instructor
I like these skis so much that I have decided to bring a pair to Taos to ski for the week. Given how many skis I own, when I have to whittle down my choices to fit only a few pairs in the car, it's really saying something when the Crusades make the cut. :)

BTW - @ARL67 has thrown his hat into the purchase ring for these skis. Deal is being finalized...
How big is the cut, 6?

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
How big is the cut, 6?

It's going to be 3 or 4 depending on how well I can pack my car. My car is "new" to a skiing road trip and it's a bit smaller than my last car, so I'm not sure yet how many pairs I'm going to be able to take. I wish I could take 6! :)

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm happy taking 3 if I can get away with it on a road trip -> 70, 84, 97
From where I live, I can't reasonably drive far enough to a place that warrants a 105 or wider. Thanks @Noodler for safe-keeping these Crusades for all those years :thumb:

lodopo

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi I am very interested. I love the Crusade! I will pm you

Sponsor

Staff online