• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New piste skis needed (Colorado)

Eli

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
L2 exam last year I demo'd a peer's Rossignol hero elite TI MTs which seemed pretty nifty but not terribly easy to come by. Any suggestions what else I should look at for daily driver and for teaching on mostly intermediate terrain with occasional trips to the trees? I've also been really enjoying a 106 elan that I bought a few years ago for backcountry. 5'8, 135lbs.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
L2 exam last year I demo'd a peer's Rossignol hero elite TI MTs which seemed pretty nifty but not terribly easy to come by. Any suggestions what else I should look at for daily driver and for teaching on mostly intermediate terrain with occasional trips to the trees? I've also been really enjoying a 106 elan that I bought a few years ago for backcountry. 5'8, 135lbs.

The Elan Ripstick 96's are very light but ski great. They are a tad too light and soft for me (190 lb) but I think they will be perfect for you. Easy to ski all over the mountain. Since you have to be out there no matter the conditions I wouldnt go much narrower than 88mm or so.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
MT's are 74/75 underfoot....you really want that small?

You do for a PSIA Examine. I might not go quite that narrow, but maybe around 80.

If I were testing, I'd look at the Stockli Laser AX, or the new, wider version.

Assuming that you are in the I70 corridor? Seek out Mike Porter. Have a conversation with him. Few on the planet know more about skis and skiing than he does.

Sponsor

Staff online